Going to start growing.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by -Blazed-FatMan, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Hey Im new to this whole growing thing and Just orders my seeds and they should be here soon. (very excited) I decided it would be easiest to go in my closet which is roughly about 3 feet wide , kind of a walk in closet , and over 10 feet lenght wise.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have shelfs im going to put up to hold everything.
    Just looking for some general tips on how to turn this closet into a decent grow area, for example what kind of lights, what watts, how many, good fan to get, maybe how to insulate this area to make my plants grow nicely.

2. go on youtube and look up indoor marijuana growing. many good videos.

3. I have a similiar size closet grow going. I have 12 plants started. I use a 400 watt metal halide and high pressure sodium. I run an oscillating fan to circulate the air and I leave the sliding doors open about a foot on both ends, depending on the temperature in the closet. I put my plants in 3 gallon grow bags after a couple of weeks and flower after five weeks, picking out the males.

This is my third grow and have had no issues yet.

Good Luck!

4. Thanks for the help.

5. 3 400 watts in a row and 2 plants under each. That gives you room to get beside them. Maybe... let them get tall if you can and put some lights beside them.

6. Pics didnt work

7. Why respond to a thread that died 9 yrs ago? That's most likely why the pics dont open. Probably deleted by o.p.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Same reason you are?

9. Those plants were harvested 9 years ago

10. Uh , no. I responded to the comments responded to a 9 yr old dead thread

11. For some reason this thread was at the top of the list. That’s why I responded. I’ll check the date better next time.

12. So you got 3 400 watts with only 2 plants under each? May i ask why not have more under each light?

13. Well the way I grow, I veg for 8-9 weeks including the clone rooting time. This gives me large healthy plants to pull clones from before flowering and very large plants going into flowering. I’m building a new room now that is 4’x4’ and will House a 600w hps for 4 girls.

14. Nice dude sounds like a good set up, whats your success rate on clones?

15. I brought this old thing back

I keep commenting thinking it’s my own thread.