Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Going to smoke for my first time...ever!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by roffels, May 7, 2011.

1. #61 roffels, May 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2011
    Hey guys well its almost 3am EST and still no luck falling asleep (i knew it wouldn't magically work the first time) but I did get real tired and like 5-10 min i really started to feel it. I was laying down in bed and it felt like my bed wasn't underneath me and i felt like i was really light and went i got up to do something my legs were all stiff and when i layed back down it felt like i was spinning and oh boy was i hungry lol. but anyways I am feeling quite tired i just cant get my brain to let me fall asleep but after a few more nights of this i can def see this be working. Oh and also my back pain went away!!

anyways:

@Even521 : nah im telling the truth its my first time but like i said it first post I did alot and alot of research and reading before I tried everything.

@Kurt123 : I know man I had ice in there man was the smoke ever smooth and was actually cold.Also yah I was sitting there and like shit i need some music to listen to lol I was thinking pink Floyd would be perfect lol and some other mellow stuff. Last thing I live right by London, Ontario :p

@JacktheMJuser : Yah mom said it was ok to do it in my bedroom but I have a parrot in there and they are sensitive to smoke and also my sister in the house really looks down on people who smoke weed. She is gunna figure out soon enough since her room is right across the hall from mine lol. And yah I know I shouldnt freakout about people but IDK it was my first time lol and its not like they could see me any ways cuz im on the second level and my room has pine trees in front of the windows thats facing the lot.

I think thats about it lol well my adventures continue tomorrow ! :D

for now peace out

-Roffels

2. Lol no man, sativa keeps you up, Indica helps you sleep.

3. #63 JacktheMJUser, May 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2011

Congratulations on a pleasant first experience! I think you'll find cannabis to be a relentlessly effective analgesic- perhaps you should consider using it as more regular medication for the back pain? Also with the paranoia with the guy, don't worry about it lol, it comes with the first high. You very likely won't feel like that during consecutive highs (provided you're not in a sketchy situation).

In terms of insomnia, perhaps you should take an earlier poster's advice and smoke earlier in the night, like just after dinner. The burn-out after smoking a decent amount of weed (usually starts 3-4 hours after) should put you to sleep.

Good luck. :D

4. why would you like to smoke a bong dry dude whats the point of a bong if you smoke it dry

5. Congrats on you first pleasant experience with cannabis :wave:

6. Don't worry just smoke a few more times soon you will be sleeping!

7. Cannabis is not a drug. It is a beautiful plant. The chemicals within cannabis, now that's a different story ;)

OP: It's great that you finally got off those shitty pills, and are now enjoying the high side of life :)

8. Best of luck, last night I'm pretty sure I went to sleep within moments of hitting the pillow, I woke up with my netflix recently watched on tv, I hadn't selected a movie or anything, so I must have fallen asleep within the time it took for netflix to load. So I can't say for certain, but if I had to bet, I think your seeping troubles will dissolve away effortlessly. :hello:

9. sleeping and over all clam feelin is why i got in to it to. i say grow your own. in the end it saves money, you seem like you cud pull it off. just google shit and buy some books. its not hard when you got the facts!! the sooner you start the faster youll have bud. waiting is the hard part. ;P

10. I took melatonin to help me sleep, it says to stop after 2 weeks but I been taking it for months and months upping the dosage because they are starting to have no effect.

Recently I tried taking only half a pill (instead of the 4 or 5 pills I usually take) and a 4 or 5 hits out of my MFLB, and it seems to amplify the half pill chemical effect and it puts me straight out for 8 hours.

11. Yeah you need some Indica strain. If you ever get your hands on anything that ends with "Kush" then you are good because that's an Indica. Congratulations on your high + being high on your first time smoking the ganja.

12. duude! i know why the bong was so cheap :O it's cursed

13. well how was it (giving you woke up this morning? haha)

14. I've been waking up at 5 AM for a week straight and all I do is smoke a bubbler pack of Already Vaped Weed and it relaxes me enough to pass out in a minute. So the bud should do the trick for you but it can take a couple times of smoking to actually feel the true high.

Also, like a couple of other people said you might want to consider smoking 2-3 hours before you want to go to sleep, as you are coming down you will get more of the "sleepies" not as much as when you are in the peak of your high though. Enjoy the herb!

15. No thats indica that makes you tired

16. @Alrex: In a scientific experiment, changing 2 variables at one time doesn't yield a definitive answer. In fact, melatonin is MORE effective in 0.5mg doses than in the large 3-5mg pills that they package them in. If you use more, you'l buy more, but too much melatonin inhibits sleep more than it helps. Try taking a 0.3-0.5mg dose. Melatonin is a signal drug, too much renders it useless, I guess.

@760CaliStoner: Bongs use too much pot for my liking. Pot's hard to find up here. In fact, I'm completely out right now. The water cools a lot of the THC vapour and prevents it from getting to your lungs. However, if you use a bong dry, if you can clear it in one hit, you can blow it back IN to the chamber for a second hit.

@Roffels: If you don't want your sister to find out, towel your door when you smoke. This prevents smoke from leaking out underneath your door. But honestly, anyone who is opposed to pot is just ignorant and they don't think for themselves.

17. get some purp. That shit will knock ya right on your ass. Grand daddy Purp is the Mike Tyson of weed lol

18. Toweling a door to stop smoke from leaking out is often counterproductive. It is much better to create airflow from the hallway into your room. This will ensure that smoke does not diffuse into the hallway. A window fan is the number one best tool for this. One can also put a fan near the door to create a pressure differential (moving air= lower pressure) between the room and the hallway. A toweled door will create an area of stagnant air. Smoke can still get out of the door in that situation as there are cracks on the top and sides of the door. Even fans might not be enough sometimes, but they take care of it a lot of the time.

19. smoke outside if you dont want anyone to know that you are smoking... It's chiller outside anyway

20. GDP isn't that good, what he really needs is some KUSH!! and i really like purple kush but kinda sad just since sometimes its not very purple but KUSH is way better then GDP