Going to jail...... Need some advice.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Big Loki, May 18, 2012.

1. Well guys I haven't seen everyones comments yet but im in court now just waiting to get called I'll inform yall on what goes down afterwards.

2. that's a felony where i'm from.

3. [quote name='"Big Loki"']

Well im 19 so they couldn't give me that charge. Trust me the cops tried to put everything they could on me. I got DUI, underage drinking, drug paraphernalia( Rolling papers), and possession of an 1 1/2 ounce or less( stems off a quarter we had smoked about 5 hours before we had gotten pulled over). The officer didn't even know I was drunk he just decided to do a breathalyzer when he searched the vehicle and found a top to a beer. The officer also called in about 10 other cop cars because he said as soon as he got within 10 feet of the window he smelt a strong smell of marijuana and he thought he had a large drug bust. Lol we smoked my whole truck out with a quarter of some Afghan Kush rolled into one big ass joint. Heres a pic of the J.[/quote]

Damn bro u got them iron lungs lol

4. [quote name='"bigheist"']

Damn bro u got them iron lungs lol[/quote]

Lol, I wish yall could hear how this cop is describing the smell of my vehicle when he got out of his car it's pretty funny.

5. Well came to court for nothing. My lawyer got my court date continued to Oct 9. He explained to me that I got super lucky because a week after my DUI they passed a law making an under age DUI a felony. He also explained to me depending on the judge I might have to serve a 24 month sentence for the passenger under 18 but he said most likely it'll just get droped to the 30 day sentence. Guess we'll see in October.

6. Hey man,

Sorry to hear about your situation. I found this list of top 10 best practices for someone going to jail. I read thru these and they make a lot of sense. Thankfully you are only going for 30 days and not longer. (I certainly don't mean to downplay going to jail, I am sure it will be a long 30!) But thse 10 tips make a lot of sense! Good luck and let us know when you are back and safe!

Top 10 Prison Survival Tips

Peace :bongin:

7. [quote name='"Big Loki"']

Lol, I wish yall could hear how this cop is describing the smell of my vehicle when he got out of his car it's pretty funny.[/quote]

Bahaha i wish i could hear it bcuz its prolly hilarious beyond belief

8. The air leaving the suspect vehicle was, and I quote, "Dank as a mutherfucker!"

:bongin:

9. #89 ThaGrinch, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2012
    i got arrested on a friday night and had to stay in jail til monday to see a judge, the county i went to there was no card games, working out, fights, or anything. We were allowed out of our cells for a half hour once a day to shower, watch tv, make phone calls etc, and i basically just slept, ate their really shitty food, and talked to my cellmate. Like someone said earlier, boring and lazy.

Ps taking a shit with another dude sleeping like 4 feet away from u is awkward as fuck

10. There's a hole in this story

11. holy crap dude thats a harsh sententence, what part of america you from?

when i i got a dui a year ago, it was dismissed into a seat belt ticket.

12. [quote name='"Donutz420"']holy crap dude thats a harsh sententence, what part of america you from?

when i i got a dui a year ago, it was dismissed into a seat belt ticket.[/quote]

I live in NC. There pretty harsh about DUI and drugs in my county to. I wish they'd drop mine to a seat belt ticket.

13. It really is nothing serious. A thirty day charge youll be in a pod with a group of people who have similar petty charges you will have a tv board games etc. Your biggest issue will be watching a show you want.

14. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-48OFresMkI]the worst thing about prison - YouTube[/ame]

^worst thing about prison right here man

15. NEVER EVER accept a favor from ANYONE...payback for a piece of fruit could be giving up the ass....

16. [quote name='"gangsta91995"']Go in with some respect.Don't look at others in a wrong way,respect them.Don't look for a fight.Don't pretend to be the badass.Or else they would beat you half to death,break you in half.If you go in there with respect,you go out with respect.If you go into a fight you just got yourself a charge.If you get into the point where there's no way out,go ahead and beat them.Don't show them that your just a little wussy.Disrespect nobody.Mind your own shit.Make friend's.[/quote]

This makes no sense

17. #97 mikotheawesome, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
    Jail is easy.

Rule Number One: Stick to yourself. You're not there to make friends. Yeah, a lot of the people are just Joe Schmoe who got kinda screwed, but some of them are legit crazy, on or coming off drugs, or just plain out to start shit. So just don't really talk to anyone. People might talk and say you're "stuck-up", but fuck 'em. Just don't pay them any attention, positive or negative.

Rule Number Two: Make friends with your cellie or decide whether you will avoid them. Do this immediately. They may be kinda friendly, chat you up. I they have a Bible that looks a bit used and some books from the "library", that's a good sign. If they are loud/a troublemaker...just act like you're shy and don't like to talk a lot. They'll leave you alone and tell others you're just kinda weird.

Rule Number Three: This ain't your temporary home. It's jail and make sure you remember it. It's easy to get sucked into the "lifestyle" once you're inside and living it 24/7. But just remember, that's not the real world. The real world is waiting for you to come back.

Oh, and just before you go in (if you can) take a few Tylenol PM or, if you have a script, a prescription sleep aid or two (be wise, you know what's right for you). You'll be awake prolly long enough to get settled then you'll knock out for at least a day, prolly two if you milk the grogginess. You won't have anything else to do and it'll take the edge off the first few days if you just sleep through them. They're the worst ones.

18. Not to be that guy but that looks like 2 maybe 3 gram joint at most.

19. dont drop the soap

20. My dad was in jail for a few days a couple of years ago and got fingered. It was by a guy that said he would shank him if he didnt let him. It was in a county jail in a city of about 50000. You'll probably have an easy time, but dont just expect an easy time