Going to jail...... Need some advice.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Big Loki, May 18, 2012.

1. Ok guys so in about 2 months I'll be going to jail because I got a DUI and had a passenger under the age of 18 with me. I know this is a silly question but I wanna know what I can expect and how to get ready. Im a white male about 5'10 and 240lb but im more built than fat. I've been in fights and stuff before and I don't take much shit from people I just wanna be able to get in and out without any more charges because im already in enough shit.

2. ... my friend got a dui with a minor, he was 20, but still a minor... he didn't go to jail for more than the night of the arrest

Why the fuck are you going to jail?

Infact I know numerous people in that situation, or that were....

3. You shouldnt have much to worry about, people arent always fighting in jail, prison prolly more so. I guess it depends on the county. Most people in jail are like you, just trying to get through and on with their lives. How many days do you have?, cant be too many

4. Yea like nixxxon said.... its not like a bird house filled with crazy fuckin people lol, its not prison

When I was in jail for a day I just kinda sat there.... talked too a few guys, didn't see any fighting lol people seemed kinda lazy and bored haha. I'm sure there is a part of jail where more dangerous people are, but id bet you get medium security or... fuck... it had some weird name lol but I went to the one with a weird name, they gave me a choice.... there was a tv n shit

5. Jail time is cake. Spend time working out and reading.

6. Hey man you forgot sleeping, thats what I did when I had to go in I just sleep like crazy.

7. Tell ur visitors to bring a cake with a hacksaw concealed inside it...jk

Don't worry I think you'll be fine

8. Everyone knows a file doesn't work it has to be one of those black bombs with a wick coming out of it

9. [quote name='"TinTizzy"']Everyone knows a file doesn't work it has to be one of those black bombs with a wick coming out of it[/quote]

Or someone has to back a truck into the wall of your cell, which will leave you unharmed as it easily smashes through a ton of cement bricks which come flying your way

10. I did get arrested the night of the DUI and I had to stay till I sobered up. I also have never heard of anyone getting jail time for a DUI with a minor either but my Lawer called me and said we needed to meet asap, so I go in and he explains it to me and said that since my passenger was 17 I had a Level 1 DUI, which means no license for a year what so ever( not even provisional for work purposes) I'll have a fine from $550 to $4,000( he said it'll most likely be $550) and a mandatory jail sentence of 30 days.

11. Damn! he threw the book at you.

12. Sounds like you are avoiding a contributing to a minor charge

Id choose 30 days in jail over that any day, that may be a felony lol

13. [quote name='"SIRSOG"']Sounds like you are avoiding a contributing to a minor charge

Id choose 30 days in jail over that any day, that may be a felony lol[/quote]

Well im 19 so they couldn't give me that charge. Trust me the cops tried to put everything they could on me. I got DUI, underage drinking, drug paraphernalia( Rolling papers), and possession of an 1 1/2 ounce or less( stems off a quarter we had smoked about 5 hours before we had gotten pulled over). The officer didn't even know I was drunk he just decided to do a breathalyzer when he searched the vehicle and found a top to a beer. The officer also called in about 10 other cop cars because he said as soon as he got within 10 feet of the window he smelt a strong smell of marijuana and he thought he had a large drug bust. Lol we smoked my whole truck out with a quarter of some Afghan Kush rolled into one big ass joint. Heres a pic of the J.

Attached Files:

14. #14 Mudd, May 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012
    look no one in the eye for more than a second.

edit: sounds like we are in some similar shit. i avoided jail time altogether because my bac was .07. still got a year probation tho

15. Sounds like your lawyer is trying to scare you. If this is your first offense, I doubt you'll get 30 days. maybe a weekend. If you do get the full 30 days, don't get into card games, more fights start over card games than anything else :D

16. #16 wweedd, May 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012
    jail's not that bad, i was in an middle eastern jail for a few day's, and i made it out fine. i've heard jail's are less sketchy in america. and other "1st world" countries,

also, if someone ask's nicely (not hostile) for a cigarette, give them one.if they act hostile say no. don't know why, but this was a big deal. guess it's the culture..

Can you smoke in american jail's?

17. [quote name='"wweedd"']jail's not that bad, i was in an middle eastern jail for a few day's, and i made it out fine. i've heard jail's are less sketchy in america. and other "1st world" countries,

also, if someone ask's nicely (not hostile) for a cigarette, give them one.if they act hostile say no. don't know why, but this was a big deal. guess it's the culture..

Can you smoke in american jail's?[/quote]

Depends on the jail, here in colorado you can't lol. No smoking indoors anywhere, jail included

18. Don't drop the soap.

19. How original. stay up all night thinking of that?

Also just keep your head up make a couple freinds and play some damn spades, jail aint that bad if your in county. I am sure you will be fine man.

20. Actually I was just trying to make light of a bad situation. Sorry for trying to share my sense of humor.