going to grow 1 pot for the first time.. what should i get?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 3motionless, May 4, 2015.

1. im from toronto and im planning on growing one plant somewhere in my room.. im not a dealer and cauz i h8 street dealers and h8 always have to go out and pick up buds (i just wanna stay home and smoke) im thinking bout growing a plant for personal use, i dont have much $$$ and i dont pay for electricity (my parents paid for it and they wont give a shit if i grow a pot in my room unless it smells too bad that they cant sleep) 
    im rly rly afraid of darkness so everywhere i go there r usually 3 - 4 lightbulbs (even when i sleep there will still be 2).. so i wonder whether it is necessary to buy the grow light or not.. and how strong is the smell of one plant?? should i just cover it with air fresheners or i dont even need to do nothing at all.. 
    I never'd grown a pot b4 but ill luv to try it. Im tired of dealing with the outside world and ppls bullshit and i just wanna smoke peacefully. I have serious ADHD and bipolar disorder, TS symptom and an upset stomach, I could be getting the medical card but here in canada u have to buy from the gvmt and it costs MORE than the street market. I use weed daily mostly to keep myself happy and relaxed. Im wondering which strains should i pick for growing..? personally i dont think setting up a grow-op just for one plant is a smart choice cauz i dont wanna be wasting money. would anybody pls gimme some ideas how to do this. thnx

2. Setting up a grow even for one plant will not be wasting money. A simple cheap set up can cost a couple of hundred but even on the first harvest you will get several hundreds of £s worth of bud. The next run will almost be free and probably a bigger harvest due to experience.

You could buy an auto seed and put it in a pot on your windowsill but in my opinion its a waste of time. Waiting 10 weeks for a few grams is just not worth it. 

If it's going to be indoors it needs a light. Even if this is just a few household 20w CFLs, it needs a proper light source just to survive. They cannot be treated like a house plant sitting in the corner of a room. They require very high intensity lighting compared to many other plants

3. I small set up like this won't cost much and will give you a few oz on every harvest

[​IMG]

4. To give yourself a starting point answer these questions, you don't have to answer them all, but at least one.

How much bud do you require per month? 
    How much are you willing to spend on electricity per month?
    How much can you spend on the set up costs?