going to court on tuesday...need legal advice

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Vzsel, Mar 11, 2012.

1. [quote name='"Spaced"']

Did you go to Walmart with money?
    If not, why were you there? Did you knowingly go to steal? Did you go there directly for those items?[/quote]

Well yeah I had an intention of stealing, that's not what I mean by thinking..

2. Try to get a prayer for judgement- best thing ever

3. [quote name='"Aracratz"']Try to get a prayer for judgement- best thing ever[/quote]

What does that do?

4. Also, thanks for your guys's help.. it really means a lot to me, i can't have my parents find out about this so I'm pretty much on my own on this..and its kinda hard doing it without a clue.

5. Damn thats gonna be tough making sure your parents don't find out? What about mail and shit?

6. [quote name='"FuckBeerGetWeed"']Damn thats gonna be tough making sure your parents don't find out? What about mail and shit?[/quote]

I pretty much live by myself my mom is gone everyother week. And the week that she's here and the walmart letter still hasn't came ill just have to beat her to the mail everyday. It should come this week though cuz it happened last Sunday.

7. Word

good luck

maybe smoke a bowl, calm those nerves

8. [quote name='"Keifer Suthrlnd"']because its your first offense as an adult, you will be eligible for a diversionary program again. ask to be put in the program, stay outta trouble for a year and it will most likely be erased from your record. you might need to take piss tests.[/quote]

your picture makes me half chub... nice

9. [quote name='"FuckBeerGetWeed"']Word

good luck

maybe smoke a bowl, calm those nerves[/quote]

I don't buy bags anymore, I just smoke it when its offered, lost the motivation ahahahah but yeah I could use one :smoke:

10. Todays the day..wish me luck, ill keep you blades updated.

11. never ever talk to cops or a judge directly. let a lawyer do it. you dont do that because it can only go badly, and make your situation worse. that being said i have a strong dislike for thieves. work for what you want in the future. in the meantime get a public defender, hope you didnt say anything stupid to the cops, and for the love of god learn a lesson. thieving is trashy and disgusting.

12. also get clean, probation is a sure bet and pissing dirty will complicate things.

13. [quote name='"ElectricWarrior"']

never ever talk to cops or a judge directly. let a lawyer do it. you dont do that because it can only go badly, and make your situation worse. that being said i have a strong dislike for thieves. work for what you want in the future. in the meantime get a public defender, hope you didnt say anything stupid to the cops, and for the love of god learn a lesson. thieving is trashy and disgusting.[/quote]

Nah the cops were reeally chill and nice hell they were even listenin to some CCR on the way to the station..

And yeah don't get me wrong id never steal from a person directly, or a small business, it was just walmart.

14. Anyway they moved my date to april 3rd. Cuz I requested a public defender.

15. just keep your system clean bro. if you drop clean your first test, chances are it will help your odds rather than dropping dirty. best of luck to you man, you will really appreciate your freedom once this is all over with.

16. Update: my public defender called me and I have a meeting with him next Thursday at 10. He said he'd have to move my court date cuz he'll be in vegas and he's not missing vegas for any kind of case...ahahahahaha he sounded really chill I think he has the potential to drop the charges if I explain my situation with him. :smoke:

17. Update: good news:D. So I met with my public defender and he said we could do aferd (sp?) Basically he said we can drag this out for like a year, with a fine that I pay 25 a month (idk how much my fine is) and stay out of trouble and the charges are dropped. My next cour date to finalize this is the 10th. I'm so happy, thanks for your guys's help

18. ^^this means you've got to go a year without stealing.

Maybe third time is the charm?

19. So are you really going to stop stealing? And it doesn't matter that its from wal-mart...you're still stealing private property.

It sounds like you've gone through all this once before, and it had no effect on your behavior. Make sure you change your behavior this time, otherwise you're going to be in a lot worse shape next time.

Best of luck!

20. Sigh OP. If you would have just went to badideas forum, you could do some research and see that walmart is one of the worst stores to try to shoplift from. They always press charges, and have a crazy amount of LP.

Im not condoning your ways, but if you are going to be doing illegal shit, make sure you pick a store that does not prosecute, has no LP, and do not follow shoplifters out the door.

Im not going to tell you what stores have these policies, but you can find all this information on the internet.