Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Going to college in CA, will I be able to get my medical card?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by weedisgood4433, Nov 17, 2009.

1. I will be attending pepperdine university next fall, and was curious, since ill be living in CA, if I would be able to get my medical card? I have a diagnosed anxiety disorder (social mainly), from a legitimate doctor in PA, I currently take 2 different types of SSRIs, would this be enough proof to a CA doctor that I would benefit from medical marijuana?

2. PEPPERDINE!!!!

I met a bunch of kids from Pepperdine last year on Halloween in Scotland

3. you have to be a legal resident of california to get your card. which takes a year after application.

4. #4 viperware, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2009
    It won't be a problem, those symptoms are more than enough for you to receive a recommendation. You will need to have a California driver's license or ID card however, so get that first, then make your appointment.

edit:
    you don't need to be a resident for a year. You can be a resident for a day as long as you get the state issued photo ID card, this generally takes about 2-3 weeks to arrive in the mail after you submit to the DMV.
    -p-

5. additional info to add on to the above post:
    CA state ID would be the best way to go unless your current license is about to expire. They're $24 dollars and don't require any exams. Fill out a paper, give them a check/cash and wait a few weeks. You'll be good to go after that.

6. Bingo. That's all you need.

Also props for the UCLA Sig.