Going To Buy My Very First Bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Tabobo, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Hey guys, I started smoking about a year ago. I have smoked out of pipes, joints, and blunts. I have only smoked from a bong a few times but I did like it, so I am deciding to buy one, but I have no idea what kind and such. I have heard of SYN and WeedStars, but I am not sure. My budget is about $100. And should I buy one at local smoke shops or? Thanks

2. Whatever you do get glass on glass bowl, My first bong was in that price range and got one with a rubber o-ring for a seal instead of glass on glass, probably biggest piece buying mistake I've made, suction just cant compare to my friends glass on glass

3. So a glass on glass? Ok. Can I buy one from a local smoke shop? What's a lhs?

4. Lhs= local head shop

5. Is a local head shop the same as a smoke shop?

6. Check out SSFG glass, you can get a nice tube with a showerhead diffuser for way under 100. Glass quality is excellent.

7. local smoke shop is the same thing. yours may carry china glass or some actual quality. That being said the soulshine family glass travel beaker is a perfect starter piece made with good quality glass. usually attainable for $60-$100

8. Make sure that if you're getting a tube or a beaker that the downstem is removable. I made the mistake of buying a GonG bong that had a crappy fixed downstem. Because of that I was never able to replace it with a nicer diffused downstem. :rolleyes:

9. SSFG glass? Where can I buy those? And whats a showerhead diffuser? Lol sorry, new to all this

10. #10 sourdyon, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012
    I don't think we're allowed to post links

Just google SSFG they're the first link: Soul Shine Family Glass

Go to shop then tubes and go look at their travel beaker or travel tube straight.

With that you can get the showerhead diffuser for $15 and a disk diffused slide for $25 that'd bring you up to your total of $100.

The showerhead diffuser downstem is a type of downstem that looks like this
    http://www.shinobiglass.com/images/alex/ust1.jpg

The point is that the slits break down the smoke into smaller bubbles, making them contact more of the water and cooling your hit further. They also give your bong a quieter "purring" sound as opposed to the slapping sound you get with a regular downstem.

The disk diffused slide is basically a slide that has very good airflow. They considerably lessen the drag of your bong and can also make your diffuser fire more efficiently.

Check out this thread the OP bought one of the travel beakers with the additional showerhead downstem

http://forum.grasscity.com/bongs-bu...ead-downstem-plus-vapor-bonging-pictures.html

11. After looking at those glasses I think they are smaller than what I want. I am looking for a 15-16 inch bong. Also, the ice pinches would be nice, heard that they make the smoke cooler.

12. [quote name='"Tabobo"']After looking at those glasses I think they are smaller than what I want. I am looking for a 15-16 inch bong. Also, the ice pinches would be nice, heard that they make the smoke cooler.[/quote]

Listen to hum

13. Well I saw that those were only 8-12 inches though.....

14. Although a little smaller. 12" of quality glass is going to hit and handle much better than a 14-18" china bong. Ssfg is blown really close to me and I can tell you they are great blowers. You will feel the quality.

Hope you end up with something you like.

15. Tbh, you are actually right. It is my first bong and I dont think i should get a straight up 18-20 inch bong. Plus I will be moving back into the dorms in a month and 18-20 inches will be more difficult to hide. I think Imma go with the SSFG.

I see the SSFG Travel Tube Straight is 8-12 inches. How can I specify how tall I want it? And how do I tell them I want the showerhead diffuser or disk diffused slide with my order? Do I get both? And is this site legit? Thanks for all the info :D

16. [quote name='"Tabobo"']

Tbh, you are actually right. It is my first bong and I dont think i should get a straight up 18-20 inch bong. Plus I will be moving back into the dorms in a month and 18-20 inches will be more difficult to hide. I think Imma go with the SSFG.

I see the SSFG Travel Tube Straight is 8-12 inches. How can I specify how tall I want it? And how do I tell them I want the showerhead diffuser or disk diffused slide with my order? Do I get both? And is this site legit? Thanks for all the info :D[/quote]

The site is extremely legit with amazing customer service I might add. Put that you want the disk diffused slide and showerhead in the comments portion of the checkout screen. And btw, I have a travel beaker, with the showerhead downstem, it rips. Knocked me and my roommate off our asses real quick lol.

17. K thanks. Do I get both the showerhead diffuser and disk diffused slide or just one?

18. [quote name='"Tabobo"']

K thanks. Do I get both the showerhead diffuser and disk diffused slide or just one?[/quote]

If you have the money go for both. The showerhead is a downstem and the disk diffused slide goes into it.

19. K. If I only have enough money for one, which one should I go for? And they aren't a necessity right?

20. [quote name='"Tabobo"']

K. If I only have enough money for one, which one should I go for? And they aren't a necessity right?[/quote]

No not a necessity. If you could afford one get the showerhead. It's cheaper, and you'll notice more of a difference because the travel beaker has absolutely no drag to begin with.