Going to Amsterdam, should i practice?

Discussion in 'General' started by thezool, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Den Bosh is preaty cool and Mastricht is a must if you want to by some swag ;)
    Rotterdam is my feiv do so go there. Funny thing 40% or sumting of the population there is black xD

2. Haha I'm glad I inspired you man, not many tourists who come here get to see the other great sides of Holland.

Amsterdam to Rotterdam is about 45 minutes to an hour and a half each way by train. You don't have to book a ticket in advance, you can buy them on the day you go, you buy them in the central station either at a machine or at the ticket desk, I'd recommend the ticket desk just so you don't mess anything up and get a fine for riding without one haha.

As far as coffeeshops in Rotterdam go I'll recommend 7-up, Witte de wit, The London, the Nemo, and the pucks. The pucks is kind of hard to find because its sort of hidden, but if your up to it its worth the effort because they have some amazing weed. The London, 7-up, and witte de wit are my usual shops in Rotterdam they all have great weed. The Nemo has good weed but I've heard mixed reviews about them from friends that go there more often.

I've got to go to work in a couple minutes, so I'll fill you in on the best strains to smoke while your there later.. with a PM or here whichever you prefer.

3. haha yeah on a sidenote Rotterdam is very multi-cultural, I like to call it the NYC of Holland, the city itself reminds me of a smaller version of NYC and the people match the mood haha.

4. either is fine man, appreciate it. :D

is amsterdam/rotterdam expensive? i'm personally taking about 550 euros but my friend is only taking about 240. i'm worried he won't have enough as i've heard it's expensive. how much would you recommend for a 4 day visit?

5. #25 Americandutchyz, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012
    Amsterdam can be expensive, but it also can be cheap, it all depends on how you spend your time there. A lot of the coffeeshops have very overpriced weed or will try to rip you off.

I know of one coffeeshop in Amsterdam that tends to be less touristy, its called the hunters, relatively reasonable prices. I have a friend that goes up to Amsterdam more often then me so I'm going to ask him for you about more reasonable shops when I can get a hold of him.

As far as food goes, if your trying to keep costs down I'd recommend just going to the grocery store and buying some food that you can make yourself (ie-loaf of bread, sandwich meat etc. .). I'd recommend trying the kebab here in holland though, we have loads of turks and the turkish food is heavenly.. when stoned its fucking nirvana also not too expensive but if your trying to keep costs down I'd recommend not eating it everyday haha. You'll also just have to play it by ear in some cases with food I just don't recommend eating out too much to conserve funds (more for your friend than you since 550 should be enough for 4 days).

Rotterdam is cheaper as far as the buds go. In my city which is not that far from Rotterdam (prices vary but its not that different between my city and Rdam), I get Orangebud for 8 euros a gram, northern lights for 7 euros a gram, bubble gum for 7 euros a gram, and lemon haze (higher grade) is something like 11-14 a gram. So that kind of gives you a glimpse into the price range for weed. I can lay it out to you specifically if you want, just let me know.

550 euros is definitely enough for 4 days. I'm pretty sure that 240 euros should cover most of your friends costs, but if hes looking to conserve money than he should follow some of the tips I mentioned above.

EDIT: actually, on second thought 240 euros is not a very big amount for 4 days.. he'll definitely need to follow my advice above. If you have any other questions or if I missed any just post a visiter message for me or a PM

6. For as far as I've experienced, and I'm at the coffeeshop 3 to 5 times a week, I haven't seen any shopowner turning down a foreigner. There's alot of talk and commotion about the coffeeshops only being allowed to sell to people who live in the netherlands but that's already going on for a few years and probably will last a few more. Go ahead, and enjoy! I've purchased some once in London, and it was good quality. All depends on the budget I guess.

7. well at one time tourists could buy. id be raving too if i could go into a bar, sit in a comfy seat, and blaze organic trees all day :p

8. O and maybe you wanted to know.. My favorite coffeeshops in Amsterdam are The Greenhouse, Barney's, and De Dampkring. And they are all in thesame street. 5minute on foot from the trainstation. If you fly in to Schiphol you need to get on a train for a minute or 2 until you stop at A'dam Central. Have a good one!

9. Going to Amsterdam on the 2nd for 4 days, can't wait. Just wondering if t-shirts and shorts will be ok for the weather and what coffee shops to visit.

10. The last couple of days some people have been wearing that kind of stuff, but I'd recommend bringing enough warmer clothing that you won't be freezing if it does get cold. At night its still cold too, so you'll want to bring something. On the nice days t-shirts and shorts should be good though.

11. Man... I sure wana go back to Holland its just such a nice country. Im jealous of you guys that live over there.
    And yeah man the first thing that came to my mind when I was in Roterdam that its the NYC of europe :D and it has a litle of Tokyo now that I think of it.
    Love you nederlandish people peace out ;)

12. I live in The Hague, if you do decide to visit this city I could show you around if you like.

13. Two weeks before your departure, begin this routine.

Wake up at 7:30
    Raw egg and chronic protein shake
    4.2 mile warmup jog
    Hash oil face mask. Leave on for ten minutes.
    Rinse and repeat
    Eat a big bag o' edibles for lunch
    Take a nap
    Load a bowl in under 20 seconds, for maximum agility training
    Smoke said bowl one handed, to prepare for overseas obstacles
    20 pushups
    2 knife hits
    Do some jumping jacks
    Roll a joint blindfolded
    Smoke said joint while doing sit-ups
    Bedtime as soon as you're done.

Good luck, young grasshopper

14. i've looked a the forecast and it says it's gunna rain or be overcast next week! bummer. :(

where are you staying bro?

15. Your sig really made me think there was a bug on the screen

16. Shit's coming up soon. You'll have an awesome time.

17. i leave for the airport in 2 hours 30 mins. :D

aw SHIT. i've already planned to buy some super lemon haze from greenhouse centrum across the street from the hotel as soon as we get there. but if it isn't there then i'll just get whatever.

18. hit up the dampkring after that ;)

if you end up going to rotterdam just send me a pm. have fun man! :smoke:

19. thanks man. :D i'll let you know if we do!