Going to: Amsterdam !NeedHelp!

Discussion in 'General' started by Brillow, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Alright, heres the story. So I just recently graduated, and my father said he would take me somewhere in the world. So after months of subliminal messaging to him, and pounding it in his head that it was a good idea weve reached the conclusion of none other then AMSTERDAM. So, I want to write a schedual for the trip, like an itinerary and since I've read people on this site talking about Amsterdam (in all its glory) I'd like some suggestions. Where are the good places to eat, drink, and smoke in Amsterdam. What historical sites should I visit? Im into sightseeing so give me some suggestions, like maybe a nice hotel you stayed at. Thanks!!

Links to the places websites and stuff would be cool.

2. Go to a whore house and try to buy one of the girls.

That ought to be good for a laugh. :)

EDIT: Pick up a High Times.

3. Amsterdam Coffeeshop Directory - Cannabis Coffee Shop Guide

check out this website for a map of all the coffeeshops in Amsterdam. My personal favorites are the Dampkring, Abraxas, and the Rokerij. The Grey Area is also cool because its owned by Americans and people like Willie Nelson, Snoop Dog, and Phish have all frequented the place. As far as non-smoking things to do, The Van Gogh museum is a cool place to check out. I'll be going back to Amsterdam in June for the 3rd time. You'll have an awesome time, but is your dad going to smoke with you?

4. The "Get Lost" guidebook for Amsterdam is really good.

Some of my favorite sights in A-dam:

- the Van Gogh Museum
    - the Rijksmuseum (Rembrandt Museum)
    - the Sex Museum
    - Hash, Hemp and Marijuana Museum
    - The Red Light District (just to walk through it at night- I'm not into buying hookers- might be awkward with your dad)
    - Vondelpark
    - Artis Zoo
    - Albert Cuyp Market (get some roasted pistachios... mmmm)
    - Bloemenmarkt (the flower market)

Food:

- Belgium Fry stalls (there's a few in the city)
    - Reny's on Damstraat (amazing pastries)
    - There's a sports bar/pancake house right in the leidsplein. I forget the name of it, but they make GIANT pancakes topped with just about anything you can imagine.
    - Balraj Indian Restaurant on Haarlemmerdijk (OMFG, I would go back to amsterdam JUST for their butter chicken)
    - There's a decent pizza place next to the Royal palace

Coffeeshops:

Dolphins and Rookies are my two favorites. But really, I love to just wander around and stop in to which ever ones I stumble upon.

The best thing to do in Amsterdam is just walk around and enjoy the canals and scenery, stopping into interesting coffeeshops/restaurants/bars or whatever interests you. It's a small city, so just stay close to the city center, and you easily walk or take the tram wherever you want to go. DO NOT stay outside of the city.

5. Where are some nice hotels to stay at innercity?

6. why would we help you?!

lucky bastard

7. lol be nice :p

8. this.

i'm also a big fan of the cafe hoppe for beer, abraxas paradise for bud, YOU HAVE TO EAT A FALAFEL AND POTAT! they eat everything with mayo, i hope you like it haha.

lots of good hotels innercity, i'd go with the cheapest seeing as how you probably won't spend to much time there.

also, tour the heineken factory but expect to walk out stumbling haha