Going through some heavy shit right now...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by CrassGrass, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Let me tell you how not to deal with it, by getting them piss drunk and rapeing them. Once uv eliminated that everything else seems like an ok answer

2. #22 EJG, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2012
    Do they make gay jokes all the time? Say (and I mean no offense here). "Oh, thats gay" or (seriously no offense) "Thats so faggy"? My really good friend from kindergarten recently came out to everyone and none of us have change the way we feel about him. Honestly, we are all so happy for him because you can tell he is a much happy person. The problem is if they use immature words like that, they are constantly trying to curb their language. It can be hard and awkward to stop yourself from saying things like that. Is it rude? Yup. Is it immature? Yup. But sadly, thats the way the world is. Theres a good chance thats your friends feel thou and they dont want to offend you in any way.

3. Nah man. IT's awkward when a bud comes out. But hey, don't feel alienated. People will joke, yeah, and if it really gets on your nerves say something. You're talking to a bunch of stoners here. We ALL feel alienated sometimes.

4. Listen man everything is going to be alright, Im about to tell you something I have never told anyone this but I can relate to you. I was born with only one full arm and while it never bothered me as a kid, as I got older I felt more insecure about it and still do. I have a awesome group of friends from HS but I always thought less of myself in a way or thought everyone was judging me in what I did and still feel like I don't fit in anywhere even thought I know its all in my head. Like me you are probably just thinking cause your gay people arent going to like you, like I do, or it gives them a reason to not like you. Its sucks being different I know but your friend shook your hand and didnt trip. Honestly the best thing I can tell you is that if you act like it bothers you then people are going to react to that vibe. Just be fucking you and it will get better. See I'm reminded everyday that im different because EVERYBODY stares my arm down but you just gotta learn to do you and say fuck the world. Best advise I can give

5. find some other gay blades and get advice from them, what helped them go through this time etc. my cousins gay and i love that kid, we always hang out and blaze. i just accept him for who he is

6. I can't add much to this thread other than to point out that you got a ton of great advice already.

Follow your heart and you can't go far wrong.

Take good care of your friends and they will take good care of you.

7. I don't know what it's like first hand as I've never had a friend come out to me. But, I'd imagine that they feel a little off too man, they just found this out. That does NOT mean that they change their opinion of you at all. But, maybe they need some time to absorb it too, it doesn't happen everyday.

It's easy to put on a front and give you respect for coming out like that. But its even harder to act the same and still be the way it was before. Something you have to cope with as well as them (assuming they are CLOSE friends).

Everything will work out man, time is king in this situation. Do not shut them out or give up on them for acting a little different. Just my 2 cents

8. good luck with woking things out...but from a "freinds" perspective; if one of my freinds who i beleaved to be, and protryed himself as stright, then i come to know and accept that person in that way. just like a freind who smokes weed, or sells coke, or goes to church, is in the pen, works a 9-5 job......

if they busted out one day that they are gay...and allthough i would still consider them a friend...my feelings for that person will totaly change. for some it will be a big change, for others it may be a small change.

if you are a true freind to your freinds you will understand and accecpt that. if they are good freinds to you, then they will accecpt you for who you are.

but alota people are not accepting of gays. but look at the good news...10 years ago you would have goten your ass kicked... today you only lost a few freinds...maybe in another 10 years you will be looked up to and even receives benifits from the goverment( jklol)

but in the end i hope it works out for you

9. I think any kind of alienation or tension you're feeling is your friends and yourself getting used to the situation.
    After all, it's something that's a pretty large part of your life that you've hidden from them for quite a long time, I'm sure this brings up some questions.

...Hm, as close as I can come to understanding the situation, is it might be a bit like having a family member die - Nobody really knows what to say, everyone feels a bit awkward, but in time things will move on and normalise as much as they're ever going to.
    It's all still pretty new.

10. well sorry, i didnt mean ti say alot of people, but as i think about it is getting more and more common. my neice isnt all out gay, but she is into girls also, and when she told me that i didnt really care. i see it as whatever floats her boat. so i personaly was fine with it. my brother (her other uncle) on the other hand is an asshole about it.

so i guess what i meant to say is that each person is differnt and they will respond in their own differnt way.
    alot of people are closed minded. just like alot of popel are closed minded about weed, same thing with gay people.

11. Smoke a bowl and forget it. Shit happns

12. OP I think that this is probably just a temporary problem for you. Just behave like you always have and they'll get over it in their own time. They're probably all cool with it but just aren't used to it yet.

13. Never really understood the whole "happy for people being gay" thing

It's a lifestyle choice. That's like someone shaking your hand for wiping your ass or getting a tattoo

14. #34 Storm Crow, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2012
    Hon, you have spent much of your life hiding who you are. Until now, every word, every action was filtered with "Does this sound/look gay?". You couldn't let yourself be YOU!

By coming out, you stepped out of your old familiar "comfort zone". You are having to re-adjust your whole way of thinking, so of course everything seems a bit odd to you!

You have put down your "mask" and now are wondering "Are they actually accepting ME, or is that their "mask"?" Sadly, with some, it is just the "mask".

But for most of your friends, who you are as a person is far more important than who you are sexually attracted to! They know who you are as a person, and they like you!

Just hang in there, the strangeness will pass as you get used to being yourself! Change is seldom easy, but the rewards can be so great! Once you get your new bearings, you will be happier! (((hugs)))

And Zhig, it CAN be a life-style choice, but more often, there are distinct differences in the way the brain is configured in gay, lesbian, and transgendered people, compared to heterosexual people. The research into this is well over a decade old! You really need to read more!

Granny

15. This response is quite annoying, and you generally see a not-so-smart response like this from new blades. How is he going to forget it when he said he feels alienated? Smoking a bowl and "forgetting it" isn't the solution to life, and I hope you some day learn that.

16. There's a guy in my social studies class who sounds similar to this. He is clearly open about his sexuallity, but he is really friendly, and although I do feel slightly awkward around him, I have to respect him for how he made the best out of his situation, and he seems to be doing just fine now.
    It may be cliche, but you have to be yourself, and if people can't learn to accept you, then fuck them.

17. [quote name='"meowtoyou"']

This response is quite annoying, and you generally see a not-so-smart response like this from new blades. How is he going to forget it when he said he feels alienated? Smoking a bowl and "forgetting it" isn't the solution to life, and I hope you some day learn that.[/quote]
    I never implied smoking was a solution to life. I did however imply that he should continue to live his life and quit worrying about whatever people think and to move on with his day. Just didn't come off that way

18. If you're into it, i'd suggest getting some tattoo work done on your half arm. So whenever you're at the mirror, you're not paying attention to a missing forearm, you're looking at the bueatiful artwork that's on the upper half. and same goes for everyone else in public. You can have that satisfaction of some people actually staring at your arm for the artwork and not because yours forearms gone.. Stay up bro

19. [quote name='"smokeyeyes12"']

If you're into it, i'd suggest getting some tattoo work done on your half arm. So whenever you're at the mirror, you're not paying attention to a missing forearm, you're looking at the bueatiful artwork that's on the upper half. and same goes for everyone else in public. You can have that satisfaction of some people actually staring at your arm for the artwork and not because yours forearms gone.. Stay up bro[/quote]
    Even though I smoke weed errday i don't think I'm that retarded

20. I agree with this 100%. It's the exact same for me when someone says "it's okay to be gay". If it was okay you wouldn't have to say it is, really. I mean, you don't see people walking about going "congratulations! you're straight!". A lot of the positive hype some people cause over homosexuality just seems to outline the problem more clearly to me :\