Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Going on holiday to San Francisco..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Geni, Jun 9, 2011.

1. I'm going to San francisco soon with some friends this summer, any suggestions on how to get hooked up around there?

2. Cannabis clubs are the best way out here hands down..

3. Haight - Ashbury.

4. golden gate park

5. You can get it at Golden Gate Park really easily, but be prepared to pay 60/8th or get some shitty bud.

6. Umm look up local Kush doctors. You can get your med card and go to the Babi lion clubs around here. Good stuff.

7. Hmm, alright thanks for the replies guys. I forgot to mention I'm from the uk so med cards are out of my reach :( but yeah I'll try out that park first.. Would lurking around dispensaries get me anywhere or would I just waste my time doing that?

8. It's not smart to sit around dispensaries waiting for hookups a lot of times cops will drive by looking for just that... loitering people around clubs. Even if you are from the UK you can still get your CA card, only 35 or 45 bucks in frisco then you can get whatever you want. Or go to haight and ashbury and ask anyone down there, people just smoke on the streets there its pretty crazy.

9. Wow, that sounds amazing! :D I didn't think it was possible to get a card if you weren't an American citizen.. How would I go about getting one? And would it give me full access to dispensaries like a local patient, or would there be some restrictions?

10. Nah there's no restrictions if your from out of state, just look in the phonebook or paper for doctors advertising and give them a call to see what you need to bring in during your appointment. Mind you it's only valid in CA so you would be paying money just to be able to buy weed for a week but since you've never been to a club you will shit yourself when you go into one. they have 30 different strains to choose from, any edibles, hash, soda, kief, butter, clones, oils, cooking oils, THC pills, unbaked cookies... anything you want they got.

11. Naw you have to have a California State ID.

12. If you got to Six Flags Magic Mountain lemme know i live right there and im always down to go on the rides. If you go with me youll go HIGHER on the rollercoaster then you ever have. Im trying to be sneaky but failing.

13. Hippy Hill. Nuff said

14. I'm sorry I disagree, if medical marijuana is legal in CA then it will be legal to anyone that is in CA whether they live there or not. If you travel out of state with your meds though, even to another legal state, they won't recognize your CA recommendation. They can't say it's legal for some and not others... if you need your meds then you need your meds no matter where your from. I have friends that live here in CA that also have an Oregon recommendation also because they travel up there often and so they wanted to play it safe. :wave:

15. What are you talking about? You can't disagree with the facts hahah.

You CANNOT obtain medical marijuana ('legally') in California without living in California. There are some programs that allows you to use a medical card from another state, I don't believe California is one of them..

"The medical use provisions in California do not include reciprocity provisions protecting visitors from other medical use states."

From norml.org

16. #16 Atom2, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2011
    okay.... read this you dumbass lol. PROPOSITION 215, the California Compassionate Use Act, was enacted by the voters and took effect on Nov. 6, 1996 as California Health & Safety Code 11362.5. The law makes it legal for patients and their designated primary caregivers to possess and cultivate marijuana for thier personal medical use given the recommendation or approval of a California-licensed physician.

SB420, a legislative statute, went into effect on January 1, 2004 as California H&SC 11362.7-.83. This law broadens Prop. 215 to transportation and other offenses in certain circumstances; allows patients to form medical cultivation “collectives” or “cooperatives”; and establishes a voluntary state ID card system run through county health departments. SB 420 also establishes guidelines or limits as to how much patients can possess and cultivate. Legal patients who stay within the guidelines are supposed to be protected from arrest. :hello: Source: CAnorml.org where does it say must be california resident? Oh also from CAnorml.org WHAT ABOUT OUT-OF-STATERS?
    Out-of-state recommendations are not recognized in CA, though they are in MT, RI and MI. While Prop. 215 arguably applies to anyone with a recommendation from a California physician, most physicians refuse to recommend to out-of-staters.
    I could be wrong but that says MOST physicians not all... it's really up to the doctor who they recommend :wave: edit: Sorry it's so sloppy my enter key doesn't work lol

17. It's all dude, just stop.

18. I think you need to be a Cali resident to get a card because when I got my card I had to bring proof of residency

19. Even if you somehow managed to get a California card while being an out-of-state resident if a doctor could do that, you'd have to go to some sketch ass dispensary cause pretty much all of them want your California ID + rec. Or maybe a delivery service. But is that any better than just buying off the streets, it IS California after all.

20. #20 devilzlettuce, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yea they alllllways ask for ca Id and those shady places are always in the hood and charge up the ass for 1/8ths of shit weed