Going no were with my life.

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMHC, Jan 14, 2014.

1. One of my (ex)friends brought this up today.Randomly started hating me and making Fun of me. So I graduated high school last year and had recently lost 60 to 80 pounds. I knew that I needed to redo my wardrobe before I even thought about going back to school. I worked my entire summer up until now to be able to have a good amount of money towards clothes. I work at a grocery store as well but I do not have my license.(my own fault and I accept that). I start college next week, and am majoring in CIS (Computer Information Systems). I also do have a truck(that I can't drive yet) and girlfriend of 11 months. My ex-friend (his names Nate) said a lot of things that completely deflated my ego. I'm not one to wish ill-will on anyone or talk smack to people but he's 18, still in high school, doesn't have his license and has never had a girlfriend. I have my college paid for (dad has retired and disabled veteran benefits) so I don't owe anyone any money nor am I in any debt. I'm only 19 and just want to hear from someone else's perspective.. Am I heading in the right direction with my life? The only thing I see I'm missing is my license..

2. fuck that dude OP youre doing fine. you graduated, you got a job, youre continuing your education, you lost weight, youre in a long-term relationship. What are you, 18-19? shit youre doing better than most. Just get your license homie! you got the vehicle already, thats the hard part man. your friend sounds like a jealous asshole whos trying to hold you back with him so hes not alone tbh lol

3. [quote name="Tokeup2day" post="19336600" timestamp="1389675248"]fuck that dude OP youre doing fine. you graduated, you got a job, youre continuing your education, you lost weight, youre in a long-term relationship. What are you, 18-19? shit youre doing better than most. Just get your license homie! you got the vehicle already, thats the hard part man. your friend sounds like a jealous asshole whos trying to hold you back with him so hes not alone tbh lol[/quote] thank you honestly , it really is good to hear things from an outsiders point of view. He always has been the type of person to "one up" everyone. And now that he's about to graduate and he knows he's going nowhere , he's probably trying to take It out on everyone else. Thank you sincerely.

4. no problem man! we all know a couple of those people haha pay em no mind. just keep focused on your shit man!

5. #5 My Username, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
    ​Read the first and last two sentences and got all i needed

Do not let someone else make you question yourself. If someone has advice or constructive criticism, hear them out and nod your head regardless of if you agree or not. If they are being hostile, know it is coming from a place of anger and therefor not totally rational.

6. It sounds like you're on the right track, and somebody is jealous.  Glad you said "ex" friend, because a real friend does not treat another friend the way your's did.  

7. Of course you are headed in the right direction.
    Don't let the negative folks effect your path, always seek the positive. :smoke:

8. Sounds like you're going places. Just stay the course. For him to say things that make you feel that way It really seems the dude has no idea what he's going to do with his life, and now has to drag other people down with him.

9. I was going nowhere a bit ago (A couple months ago). No major decided, no job, failing out of school... I was miserable. Then I found my major and career (psychology, then psychiatry). Then I got my job at a sandwich shop where I bust my ass, make above minimum wage, and I am about to get a promotion soon (I think). My girlfriend and I are about to celebrate our 1 year in less than a fortnight. Its all about self confidence and trying your best. Fuck that little high school shithead. I thought so much about life during high school then I got out and my perspective changed dramatically. I had an idea of things, but no perception. Point is, you're doing fine. You're not married or with kids yet (which at least around my area is growing increasingly rare at our age) and you're improving yourself. Sounds good to me!Sent from my oldass iPhone 4.New MTG player

10. Sounds like nate was just jealous next time you see him flex on him

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Dude just get your drivers license, its easy. You have a woman, going to college.

Shit you have it going on, hold your head up and know you are doing a good job managing life. You don't have to look far to see somebody who is not doing so well.

good luck and keep it up.

12. #12 MooseyPoo, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    I'd happily trade places :)

13. #13 TheMHC, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
    [quote name="MooseyPoo" post="19337005" timestamp="1389678989"]I'd happily trade places :)[/quote] and this is why i love GC. Best forum ever. Thank you guys, I really appreciate it.

14. If you're only 19 then you're doin fine dude.  Just don't party too hard in college.  Should get your license though if you have a truck already.  But that's such a minor issue.

15. You're doing pretty damn good imo. I don't know how anybody could say "you're going nowhere"... that kid is just jealous and wants to bring you down

16. I don't understand the correlation between the thread title and the original post. OP, sounds like you're "going somewhere." I mean, you're still young, so even if you weren't doing any of the things you mentioned, I still wouldn't stress. But you are working, lost weight, starting college... sounds like you've got your head on right.

The only thing you should take from insults is the knowledge that that person isn't worth your time. They just feed off your misery anyway, so let 'em starve. 

17. half of my friends from highschool are junkies now. you're doing fine. except for the fact you spelled nowhere as no were. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Your going to college, that's going somewhere?

My definition of going nowhere would be sitting in a gutter with a needle hanging out your arm.

Trust me your life ain't that bad.

19. Your doing just fine OPSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. You chillin bro don't worry