Going into hydro stores

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jonsi, Sep 10, 2006.

1. If I look up hydro stores in the yellow pages, and just visit any random one, are the chances good that they are a "sympathetic" store, and as such don't burry their nose in your business and don't report suspecious purchases?

Basically, I've never been in one, but need to go to one today. I just don't walk into one where the little old lady behind the counter who owns the stores grows hydro lettuce back at home, and anytime a 20 year old kid comes into the store, she calls the cops...

what should I look for? I can't just come out and ask their privacy policy... but you sure can on the internet.

I'm not worried about cops parking outside, I'm worried about the person behind the counter who's overzealous and on a crusade to prevent marijuana cultivation, who even the cops are tired of getting her calls twice a day. hah

Just kinda curious

2. i think your paranoid. buisness is buisnness to most of them just dont walk in folowed by a cloud of smoke and go " yea i need some, uh, uh, uh , uh liquid stuff. you know the stuff you feed to plants man" just go in look around for what you need, if you need to ask questions think of a plant you could grow legally that is similar in needs to weed. like tomatos and what not. and pay with cash of course. i just dont see the problem if your just goin in to get some stuff you ran out of. its not like your goin in to buy all the supplies build a grow house

3. Eh, not really paranoid, just trying to find the rules of the trade... because there are two types of hydro growers

a) us, marijuana cultivators
    b) ones who grow lettuce

And I've seen some posts on here by people who say a hydro store they know has those "we report suspicious purchases" signs somewhere... and I just don't want to waste too much time in the store trying to figure out if they're cool, or not. It's gonna take me a fuckin hour to get there anyways.

However, I did use yellowpages.com and found some I have no worries about. When your store name is "Home Grown Hydroponics" or "Sea of Green Hydroponics" and you're located right in the middle of one of the largest Universities in the US... They're not growing lettuce. hah... literally, it's 30 feet from the dorms. hah

4. :hippie: :hippie: sry but every hydro / grow shop I've ever visited has been run & staffed entirely by growers / stoners. :smoking:
    U'd do well to find a hydro shop run by a straight little old lady!!!
    & wtf would they grass on u!!! they want u to come back & spend more!!! :rolleyes:

* i would guess that they would class buying 2 1/2 tons of clay pebbles or 136 rotating gardens as a suspicious purchase!
    u could always say it's 'for your friend' :hippie: :hippie:

5. Your thinking too much about it, Its like walking into a store to buy condoms. The clerk isnt going to judge you, because your not the first person to have done it. They see it daily.

I went to a hydro store expecting to be judged, only to meet a fellow stoner who owned the shop, he "hinted" at growing. giving me tips but not blatantly saying it was for marijuana. If your really paranoid, pay with cash. dont leave your name anywhere, park around the block and walk to the store.

6. Fuckers were closed! :(

7. im sure people grow more than just lettuce and mj with hydro. i bet mj is the most grown though.

8. Are you nuts??

9. improve: (I am in Boston)

I could be a Chef from California that wants to grow their own herbs and some produce. cant do it outside in the winter and my kitchen has a room that would be perfect for cultivation

besides all of that, business is business and as somebody said before, If you dont walk in to the place and purchase a warehouse worth of shit, youll be fine.