going Hydro

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Quiller, May 5, 2010.

1. Going Hydro for the first time and would appreciate any links to threads already covering this setup.

4 1000 HPS
    cocoa + perlite medium in a flood and drain tables setup
    80 gallon res
    GH nutes
    25 blue dream + 25 mendo purps

I read that calmag is almost a must with cocoa...... ????

During veg, first 30 days, how many times per light cycle would you water?

A local guy showed me his setup and he also uses hygrozyme along with the GH micro grow bloom series and calmag.

How much of each and what ppm should I stay under?

I'm sure it's probably already posted somewhere but i can't find it specifically.....

2. [quote name='Quiller']Going Hydro for the first time and would appreciate any links to threads already covering this setup.

4 1000 HPS
    cocoa + perlite medium in a flood and drain tables setup
    80 gallon res
    GH nutes
    25 blue dream + 25 mendo purps

I read that calmag is almost a must with cocoa...... ????

During veg, first 30 days, how many times per light cycle would you water?

A local guy showed me his setup and he also uses hygrozyme along with the GH micro grow bloom series and calmag.

How much of each and what ppm should I stay under?

I'm sure it's probably already posted somewhere but i can't find it specifically.....[/QUOTE

aif you are going to use flood and drain tables, make sure you keep those Knats under control. I once tried a f&d set up and these little fellas wiped me out. That was the first and last time i swore i would use it. Switched to a NFT system and i havent looked back. Good luck

3. got 25 blue dream and 25 mendo purps going. they are all about 6" tall and added the neuts. A lot purple stems even on the blue dream. Going to add the Calmag next water change. PPM's are about 1100 and they seem fine

4. sounds like your doing it right.. on the gh feed chart it should tell you what the ppm's should be at.