going 12-12 to 24/7

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Littletoast, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Hey all. heres a question for you guys and gals of gc. i currently have a female roughly 2 weeks into flowering. i have no idea how long it has til its done but....i have 8 seedlings in solo cups in the same box. they have been under 12-12 since seed because of the flowering plant being in there too. my question is would it hurt to go to 24 hours light or even 18-6 after my flowering plant finishes. or should i keep them at 12-12?

2. Best to have a separate area in which you would have the bud on 18/6 and the clones under T5 or cfls 24/7, although you may get the current bud to flower it would be a lot easier if it was an auto, in fact it really outta be an auto for what you want.

peace
    "V"

3. By the time your larger plant finishes the solos won't be too far behind man. So might as well just leave them and let then do their thing.

4. Would it be too much hassle/ possible for you to run your 12/12 through the night, and put the seedlings in sunshine during the day to keep them at 24/7? I've did it off and on for years, and regardless of what some greenhorns will say it doesn't stress plants and cause hermies, etc. Plants could give 2 shits whether they get real light and artificial light at 2 different time during the day, as long as the photoperiod is kept proper. It does get to be a pain from moving them twice a day, but if possible in your situation it will give those seedlings more veg time. HTH.

5. I've done this for years and still do, ideal winter technique, and keeps me fit...lol

"V"

6. Amen to dat!!:hello: And anyone who lives in a climate where doing this is possible is not only cutting electricity costs, but also going GREEN!!!!:smoke: