Gognats

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Luis.montoya559, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Has anybody had a problem with gnats and used gognats to get rid of them? If so, how do you apply it? Do I spray my plants and soil or just do a soil drench?

2. I don't know if it would work on gnats, but one trick I used for fruit flies. Get some sugar syrup.... maple syrup would work, soda syrup for something like a soda stream, whatever you can find. Get yourself a solo cup and some soap. 5 parts water to 1 part syrup and liquid soap. Just leave that next to your plant and see what happens. The soap kills fruit flies. I assume it would work for gnats. Worth a shot before shelling out the money for some sort of chemical pesticide that might have adverse effects on your plants or your body.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hey quick tip on how to prevent nats all the way get some play sand from your local hardware put some soil coco (growing media) on pots bottom just enough to cover it then poor 2-3inch sand in fill up with your media and plant then apply 2-3 inches on top water and the sand becomes like a piece of glass for the nats they cannot enter your soil from bottom of the top remember BE SURE YOU GET PLAY SAND IT'S BEEN RIDDED OF ALL PESTS AND COMPLETELY SANITIZED FOR THE KIDS..

• Like Like x 1
  4. I know that'll help happy growing guys