Goddamn it!

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by ISnuff, Jan 15, 2013.

1. I think my iPhone battery is fried! (3GS) The things been crashing for a couple weeks now, but would charge back up. Today I've had the thing on charge for about an hour now and I can't get shit. Damn it that shit pisses me off!

2. Maybe it's time for an upgrade anyway. 3gs is pretty old as far as smartphones go.

3. Tested with multiple outlets/chargers/cables?

4. This!

Could be the battery itself, or the port on the phone.

Definitely worthy of a DIY repair :)

5. The thing finally started back up with 100% battery about 30 min. after I posted this, but still I'm pretty sure the battery is getting bad. It's been shutting down on me at increasing battery amounts for the past 2 weeks or so. I'll be listening to music with like 60% battery or so and the thing will go off. Try and turn it back on, and it brings up the Apple logo for like a minute or so and then shuts back off. After 2 or 3 times with that the needs plugged in icon is all that will appear. The charge time is getting awful to, as the thread suggests. It's been taking it forever, but usually when it finally cuts back on it's got a good deal of charge left. I don't fuckin know lol.

6. As has been mentioned if you have no warranty perhaps and upgrade or at least a new unit is in order. if you can spare the dough those damn things are pricey. Get an Android you can replace the battery,

7. Eh I wish I could upgrade it, but this was even more than I could afford. I bought the phone off a good friend of mine when the iPhone 5 came out. He was selling it to get a bit to put down on one, and it worked fine at the time. I've only got a go-phone plan on it that I've had since high school. Yeah I'm gonna need to save up and get a new battery ASAP before it goes out on me completely. That's what I get for buying a used phone I suppose.

8. Best of luck!

9. Good thing you can just pop off the back and swap out batteries like every cell phone since day one.

oh wait........

10. #11 Jumbo, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013
    The fact that you have to open the phone up is retarded when you own a 500$ or so piece of technology when all the others have battery spots that pop off in one step....

There are 9 chances for a noob to fuck up, and then you have to put it back together, and let me tell you, it never feels the same.... it just doesnt feel as sturdy once you open an apple product in my many experiences....

What is grandma supposed to do when her work phone battery is dead? Now she has to bring it somewhere to pay money to get a battery changed out.... lol

Hence, i never bought an apple product again.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lRTBFj88EQ[/ame]

VS

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_o9vS8hViQ[/ame]

11. I never said it was easy, nor did I endorse the purchase of closed-off Apple products.

I was just pointing out the option of swapping out the battery yourself.

12. You did, because you didnt even read the OP to know it was a 3GS. You post tutorial of iphone 4, being all "lol 9 steps its easier any noobz canz dooz itz"

Then i come and say:

You literally need to take the entire thing apart. The average person would end up break their phone doing that....

And like i said, once you take it apart and get it back together, its never the same. There's one piece of dust that never gets off the screen, the glass moves a bit or the sound could be fucked up....
    some break antenna's....

Goes from a 2-3 hour operation of hell into breaking the damn phone. lol

13. #14 Fëanor, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013
    Get off that stupid "Go-Phone" plan and get a free replacement phone by signing a contract with a cell service provider. EZ PZ

It's funny how many of you are complaining about not being able to easily replace the battery. I've been using cell phones forever, and I have NEVER purchased a replacement battery for a phone. How many batteries have you guys really bought for your old phones?