Godamn it. [Germ problems]

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Rem, Jun 25, 2007.

1. I have probably around 50 seeds left. I got them all from a kid I hardly know (about 200), he just gave them to me.

Anyway, I've tried two different ways:

• Paper Towel in 2 plates
    • Soaking in water
    When I use paper towel, I left them for about 48 hours and about half of them had a small white bulb on it. The seed wasn't split at all. I wasn't sure, so I carefully planted half those ones. While I was doing that I noticed one that looked what I'd imagine to be proper - split down the edge, and a white sprout sticking out. I put this one in a separate pot by itself just in case.

Anyway, I went back in another 24 hours and the ones I left in paper towel were covered in a spider web like mold which looked like it originated on the little white bulbs.

I threw those away, and tried putting about 75 in a container of water in a dresser which the sun always shone on so it was warm but dark. Nothing happened with those other for about 3 days, then I noticed the same little bulb bit. About that time the water started to look murky, so again, I picked out about half and planted them.

Next day I go back and check the water stinks like swamp and is very cloudy.

I though oh well, I have the ones I planted and kept watering those. 2 weeks went by and nothing came up except for the one different sprouting seed. I kept watering them all, and watching closely. Nothing came up. Two days ago was the three week mark, I didn't plant them deep so I just assumed they were useless and left them outside just incase nature had something up her sleeve.

Today, my cat knocked over the one good plant. I picked it up and the stem was snapped in half. :mad:

Nothing is still up form the other ones.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? Whats with the little white nub?
    Thanks a lot. :wave:

I'd really like to get them planted ASAP (if possible!)

2. ok when you sprout the seeds in water cover them in saran wrap, then put them on your hot water heater, then i like to poke a small hole in the saran wrap some say its not needed but i do it.and check every six-12 hours for that lill nub and plant that seed that that nub down.

woht the paper towl put it in a baggy and seal it almost all the way

and make sure when you plant the its not too deep and your soil isnt packed tight