God is a failure

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by g0pher, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Satan is more successful than God 

1. Satan recruited one third of the angels to overthrow God
    2. Far more people will be in hell than will be in heaven 

God is a failure. Period 

2. Good, now we can let this thread die since there is nothing left to discuss.

3. #3 g0pher, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    well, do you disagree with my opinion?

edit: or logic

4. Prove that it happened, use logic.

How can satan be a bad guy for punishing bad people?

5. prove what happened?
    we were born bad he had an advantage 

6. Well. Concrete definitions prove you wrong.

By definition God is perfect and omnipotent. His will is beyond your own.

Claiming God failed is to claim to understand gods plan, which by definition, is impossible. No mortal is capable of understanding gods will.

-yuri

7. I feel like I've made a grave mistake...
    Was this thread supposed to be serious?

The fact that you think I did anything other than chuckle momentarily at your thread makes me sad, and a bit confused.

8. Satan doesnt punish people. He lures people into temptation so that God will punish them. Satan benefits from having a partner in crime so to speak, as well as taking glee in each soul he turns away from God. For each soul is equally precious and loved by god

-yuri

9. It's a Christian tale no doubt.
    All story's are built on the story's that came before them.

10. #11 yurigadaisukida, Jan 2, 2015
    I'd like to point out that Paradise lost is not part of the bible

The Bible actually mentions very little about Satan am the angels. I once did a research topic on this in school

-yuri

11. I don't believe in Abrahams god c'mon its 2015. If you believe in evil doers getting punished what happened to hitler or vlad the impaler? Get out of jail free card.

12. well most christians believe it's what happened, i grew up pentecostal and that's what we were taught, there's scriptures in isaiah or jeremiah i think referring to it

13. the problem is about 60% of the wor'ds population believes in Abrahams god
    and he's supposed to be this perfect being without any fault 

14. Quality > quantity

:smoke:

15. like gopher I'm an atheist.

I assumed this thread was hypothetical being as the question was asked in a serious manner. So I argued from the perspective of the writings

Just playing along.

In the end the argument will always be "you can't understand gods will" which is impossible to argue

-yuri

and not to mention intellectual laziness / and or unwilling to see the obvious

17. #18 g0pher, Jan 2, 2015
    Christians believe God's plan was for Adam and Eve to live forever in the Garden of Eden. This view is fairly common among fundamentalists and it shows a key plot-hole in the whole system. It shows that God is a failure.
    \nGod created this perfect plan and then Eve came along and fucked it all up. As a result, women are to be forever cursed to experience pain during childbirth and humans can no longer live forever. 
    \nThis is viewed as original sin and the blame is put on human beings but a more accurate take is that God fucked up. Period.
    \nHis perfect plan wasnt so perfect, If it was perfect, then Eve couldn't have ruined the plan. The plan would have taken her actions into account. Therefore, according to the story, it wasn't Eve's fault at all; the fault lies with God's plan. Since God is the plan maker, the buck stops with him. Eve wasn't the problem at all; God was the problem. His plan sucked and it didn't work
    \n\n\nAdam eating the “apple” caused a rift between man and God which could only be fixed through the blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
    \nEnter Jesus Christ:
    \nThis is God's new perfect plan to fix the problems with his pervious perfect plan.With this plan billions of people are destined to be tortured for all eternity because they either lack sufficient evidence or have been compelled to believe in some other deity as a result of factors not the least of which include geography and indoctrination.
    \nIf God really wanted to prevent people from this destined fate, I think he could have come up with a better plan to do it  God rapes *cough* impregnates a virgin, waits for the offspring to reach age 33, has him tortured for 3 days before allowing him to die... as a sacrifice to himself for the sins of mankind which he -- being able to see the future -- could have had avoided 

At the end of it all, this elaborate scheme doesn't even work very well since billions of people still end up being tortured for all eternity in Hell by no fault of their own.

18. they don't see it as gods failure.

God gave us free will. We betrayed him.

One could argue that designing Adam and Eve to be perfect would defeat the purpose. Like programming a computer to love you.

-yuri

19. According to these statements, you are assuming not just the point of view of "God", but also judging others from the point of view of "God".

------