God Does Not Care If You Smoke Pot

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by pearl75, Jun 16, 2013.

1. http://t.now.msn.com/rev-john-jackson-goes-does-not-care-if-you-smoke-weed

[​IMG]

Pot smokers have enough things to be paranoid about, but eternal damnation shouldn't be one of them. At least that's what Rev. John Jackson had to say regarding God's concern (or lack thereof) with tokers across the land. His take? "God does not care if you smoke weed," he said. "God is not that petty." Jackson is part of a clergy group in Nashville, Tenn., pushing for the decriminalization of marijuana and advocating treatment for drug offenders rather than incarceration. According to the Tennessean, the group believes the War on Drugs is a "moral injustice" and wants to see an end to harsh prison sentences for possession of small amounts of marijuana. [Source]
    Trending topic: rev john jackson | Click to see more on msnNOW.com

2. Righteous! And in my home state rep tn!

I've always thought of it like that too...as long as you don't murder people and take their weed God won't mind.
    Shoot sometimes I even kinda pray while smoking as to offer it to God.

3. I'd bet any amount of money that Jesus Christ smoked weed.

4. I'd bet any amount of money that Jesus Christ smoked weed.

5. ^^ Yeah I keep hearing that Jesus Christ was a stoner, I wonder if it's true.

6. Hello fellow BreedBayers! I am going to post a recipe that I have recently used and it comes straight from the Bible. The bible calls cannabis kaneh bosom and scholars have translated that into cannabis. I was floored the first time I read this and I talked with my pops about it. He is a scholar of the bible and he even said that thats what he believes it is and that is why people would have an overwhelming sense of well being and feeling high after being anoited with the oil....Anyways here is the recipe for it...feel free to PM me with any questions!!!

Swizzle[​IMG] Making Holy Anointing Oil

1/4 Oz. Premium Cannabis flower tops Kaneh Bosm (buds)
    1 cup (8 Oz.) Organic Extra virgin olive oil
    Premium "essential oils"

30 drops of myrrh
    15 drops of cinnamon and
    30 drops of cassia (cinnamon leaf)

(Preferred Method)

Heat the olive oil in a double boiler until quite warm. add herb. heat for 2 hours or so being careful not to scorch the mixture. With a strainer drain the oil off, squeezing all the oil out of the herb. take the excess bulk and use in spaghetti sauce or for cooking something else. Add the rest of the ingredients stirring gently let cool and package.

In Exodus Chapter 30 verses 22- 25, the Lord commanded Moses to make a holy anointing oil from myrrh, cinnamon , sweet smelling cane(kaneh bosem), cassia and olive oil. This would have been a powerful antiviral and antibiotic oil, the use of which would give protection and treatment to those to whom it was administered. Myrrh is an effective antiseptic and cicatrisan (wound healer).

It has tremendous healing effects on sores, ulcers and boils . Cinnamon is a powerful antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial agent.

Cannabis has been used as a medicine for over 4000 years.

Olive Oil, Homer called it "liquid gold." In ancient Greece, athletes ritually rubbed it all over their body. Olive oil has been more than mere food to the peoples of the Mediterranean: it has been medicinal, magical, an endless source of fascination and wonder and the fountain of great wealth and power.
    Besides food, olive oil has been used for religious rituals, medicines, as a fuel in oil lamps, soap-making, and skin care application.

Another use of oil in Jewish religion is for anointing the kings of the Kingdom of Israel, originating from King David. Tzidkiyahu was the last anointed King of Israel. One unusual use of olive oil in the Talmud is for bad breath, by creating a water-oil-salt mouthwash.

Olive oil also has religious symbolism for healing and strength and to consecration - God's setting a person or place apart for special work. This may be related to its ancient use as a medicinal agent and for cleansing athletes by slathering them in oil then scraping them. The Catholic and Orthodox Churches use olive oil for the Oil of Catechumens (used to bless and strengthen those preparing for Baptism) and Oil of the Sick (used to confer the Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick). Olive oil mixed with a perfuming agent like balsam is consecrated by bishops as Sacred Chrism, which is used to confer the sacrament of Confirmation (as a symbol of the strengthening of the Holy Spirit), in the rites of Baptism and the ordination of priests and bishops, in the consecration of altars and churches, and, traditionally, in the anointing of monarchs at their coronation. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons) and a number of other religions use olive oil when they need to consecrate an oil for anointings.

7. My mom and her brainwashed church would say that is the devil spreading lies....

Religion...man these pastors,reverends know how to cover their bases...they have an excuse for everything...

Drop some actual facts and all of a sudden the devil has taken over lol...

8. I feel close to god when i am high

9. If God existed then this would matter....

10. Whether God exists or not is not important,,the people who believe in him are the ones that started the whole prohibition to save the children thing,,this is huge towards ending prohibition,,when pastors start preaching ending the drug war their congregation will start voting the prohibition supporting legislators out if they ignore them like they are us.

11. Yes....we must save the children from the horrible devils weed! But they need adderall so they can pay attention in school. And of course they need ambien to counteract the adderall at night so they can go to sleep.

12. exactly,,instead of criticizing people for believing in God criticize them for believing the government,,the government will never change it's policies but the Christians behind prohibition can and will help us change the governments policy,,Is there a single legislator in our congress that refused to take his oath of office with a bible under his hand,,I don't think so.

13. I bet god would be pissed if you didnt smoke.

14. Wonder how hard it was to pick up 2000 years ago lol

15. You know it's funny, just yesterday I had a conversation with the priest of the church I used to go to. We discussed many things, and one subject that came up was marijuana. He told me that he believes that it is bad, but he also said that he thinks that people should be able to make their own choices and if god guides them into defeating their addiction then that is his will and that the goverment should not force people to be holy because then it isn't true faith.

Now even though I disagree with alot of what he said, I have a new found respect for him for his view. (He is pro legalization)

16. Clay, you yourself have noted the indoctrination angle drug Czar Gil and friends like the Kennedy's want to implement with sending everyone to treatment. You have been vociferous in beating back those attempts, yet here is another guy recommending the same damn thing, and you are in support of it.

I just typed this in another thread, and I'll type it again:
    the cannabis community is eating up whatever sounds good to them. Just matters who is saying it, apparently.

17. Doesn't the bible say ''And i give to you ever plant bearing seeds, It shall be yours to consume'' it's something very close to those lines. God wants us to have weed. He ut this here for me and you... Take advantage man take advantage

18. He is right people.... I really don't care if you smoke pot or not :ey:

19. I talked to God once when I was really baked..I said to em', I said, I says...I said...HEY, GOD...and he goes... yeah?
    and I go '...Airline food..whats up with that?', and then he told me I'd won the game.

20. THat is not at ALL how prohibition started.