God created dinosaures and destroyed them to humble mankind?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Kush Lord, Apr 23, 2010.

1. my friend's mom is one of those hardcore, bible humping, born again evangelicals who thinks that dinosaurs never existed. I have heard her say with my own two ears that the earth was created 6,000 years ago, and the only reason there are fossils is that god put them there to test us.

you have got to be fucking kidding me...

2. That's just her lack of understanding without caring or being to busy in her daily life for answers that dont matter to her.

3. Can scientific inquiry ask that theological dictation come up with something equally "awesome" to look at, and to better understand the planet we live on? As of right now, I think the work-horse driving the efforts behind the investigation into the Earth's history is science, and theology is just pouting. Not trying to sound like a dick or anything, but perhaps this is why there is such a disbalance between the two. I think science and religion can, and should, work together, but they should not dictate what they do not understand.

?? What if the big bang hasn't happened yet? From my experiences, I think that, if a universal singularity is to happen, then it should be at the end of time, not at the beginning.

4. Ahh i see what you're saying. Big bang happens at "The end" and wala, we're back to the beginning of time. K-PAX

But why at the end and not the beginning?

5. Because I see the ultimate universal synchronicity as a singularity, so I suppose it is a matter of personal belief as well, since we do not know the origins of the universe. In addition, I find it hard to subscribe to the belief that, "in the beginning, there was nothing, and that blew the fuck up." You might as well say "and God said let there be light" :p

I don't know exactly how to explain my perspective, it's kind of subtle. Terence McKenna had a good way of saying it, something along the lines of "It's not that we're propelling ourselves into the future based on our past; it's that the future is pulling us towards it, and it is beyond our control"

6. im pretty sure she cares about this stuff, but is just getting this christain bullshit rammed down her throat too much to see how wrong she is

she takes her family to church at least 3 times a week

i know this because i was friends with her son, and she went ape shit on me when she thought it was my fault that her son became an atheist

7. Interesting idea indeed. We're advancing pretty fast, hopefully within the next ten years we have SOMETHING everyone can agree on.

8. Maybe he made dinosaurs thinking "Yea, i like this species". Then after a while he got board cause they cant talk, and or pray to him, so he killed them off and started new untill he got around to making us.

lol

9. Everyone can agree that velociraptors kick ass, whether you beleive in them or not.

[​IMG]

They were, on average, alot more intelligent then alot of the posters on Gc. True-fact.

10. It's the cycle of evolution. Once the soul evolves to a certain point, it requires a different body to develop more. The first bodies were gross, and as the soul progresses the body becomes more subtle, as the physical body is just a vehicle for the Spirit which is not of matter. When the dinosaurs evolved to a certain point they died off, and a new cycle of life began. The same thing will happen to humans, and at a certain point of evolution we will leave the Earth sphere and go to a different planet. There are infinite amounts of planets in The All, and our evolution never stops. We cannot even comprehend the higher levels of our evolution, hell we can't even comprehend the highest states of human evolution yet.

Sounds pretty crazy, and you'll likely pass it off as a crackpot "theory" but time will tell the Truths of the Universe.

11. i believe dinosaurs were made extinct by god to allow mankind to build upwards

12. Like destiny or fate?

13. I only fuck with you so much because you never. EVER justify anything you fucking write man. You may as well not post. Humans didn't exist until 65 millions years after the dinosaurs were immolated. There was no 'mankind' to build upwards.

There were small, tree-dwelling rat-like creatures, if that's what your reffering too.

But seriously, I don't think you should participate in a discussion if your not even going to explain yourself, and your just going to say baseless things. At least try to elaborate. Damn.

14. #114 ete23, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2010
    i mean to allow a away for early humans, they im sure couldnt defend against large reptiles
    65mil years god is still al knowing, known what would happen to dinosaurs

15. god probably had fun walking with the dinos
    as god probably has fun walking with us(think how high we get on weed)maybe god gets high to

16. Am I in the 'what the fuck are you talking about?' thread?

[​IMG]

17. yes if you believe
    you walk through life with god

18. Dude, there's no way your 18.

19. its like bulletproof glass
    you cant get any shots in
    god cant get any shots out
    or vise verse

20. ^ thats a kickass illustration! :smoking: