God created dinosaures and destroyed them to humble mankind?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Kush Lord, Apr 23, 2010.

1. #81 Tha Professor, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2010
    Gandhi is going to Hell.

He didn't believe, so he'll burn for eternity for his mistakes.
    Yay religion.

2. lol you didn't say "respectfully disagree" you said "argue", which in its very nature is NOT peaceful. And ghandi was a great man, I actually have a poster with that quote hanging in my living room :D

3. Lol I think a lot of you disregarded my last statement, I don't actually think the earth is 10,000 years old, I just said I didn't think it was COMPLETELY out of the box for someone to think that (although it is pushing it).

Like I said in my first post, what makes all of you put so much "faith" into the accuracy of radiocarbon dating? What other "materialistic PROOF" do you have?

And I would hardly say that 10,000 years ago was "recently". All of the technology to provide your "proof" is less than 60 years old lol. The "theory" of evolution was only based on the observable characteristics that darwin saw on the gallepagos island, which could have easily happened in under 10,000 years. Most everything else is just speculation lol

4. Haha I love most science too, but math is really my thing. And evolution isn't based solely on facts, a lot of it is theory. That's why I'm sometimes perplexed as to why people always accept it so quickly (I do agree with a lot of things that evolution is based on, just not all- like us evolving from apes).

I'm sorry my argument is convenient, but that doesn't make it any less valid.

Damn I hate this fucking laptop, I'm making so many more typographical errors :/. oh well it's better than nothing :smoking:

5. #85 TearDownGod, Apr 24, 2010

Then forget I said argue. We can a peacful world and still discuss as we are now. Materialistic proof, i'm not actually sure what that means. It's the same proof that leads us to beleive we're made up of atoms. The same proof that leads us to beleive the Earths core is molten magma. It's not a proveable proof, but we treat as such, and beleive it with all our hearts because there is actually evidence to suggest such.

10,000 years is recent as fuck, if you realise the vast amount of fossils couldn't have possibly came from creatures who co-existed. Ever see human skeletons intermingling with corpes of pterodactyls? Nahhhh...

Edit- I'll probably have to post five more times to justify what i'm attempting to get across here to you, and even then you won't beleive it... Atheists have their own 'faith' but at least we have some kind of evidence to back it up.

6. Well it's a form of trump card, so it does make it a little too inconvenient.
    For me of course, that is.
    :smoke:

Regardless, I think people are so much quicker to hop on the evolution band wagon as it's based more on facts then faith.

Besides, we don't have to question if science as a whole is based on falsehood. If science is correct in so many other dynamics, then you can bet I'm going to be more willing to believe in science, as apposed to faith alone.
    Religion is irrefutable, however. It's not AS liable in this sort of field.

Okay, so start flaming....now.
    :smoke:

7. Nah man I totally get what you're saying, like I said before I DON'T think that the earth is only 10,000 years old, but I can see how some people might. Who's to say the dinosaurs only reigned for a thousand years before they were destroyed by the meteor? Only thing that puts a time stamp on it is radiocarbon dating, and as I've said before that's not 100% reliable (unless you choose to believe it is).

Those who believe in a god have just as much evidence as you do, it's just a different kind. It's not materialistic, it's spiritual. I said something similar to this in the other thread. Atheists lean on only what they can see, only on the things of this world. Those of us who choose to believe in a greater spiritual prescence have spiritual evidence, "miracles", feelings, visions, etc.

8. I'm not here to try to flame you bro, just discuss like everyone else lol.

I agree with all the facts that the theory evolution is based on, I just don't believe in the theory that was drawn from those facts. Do they have any facts that we evolved from apes? nope, just speculation, that's why it's called a theory! :D

9. hahahha.

How come there aren't fossils of half dino's and half whatever they were during these slow changes of evolution? They look like full on dino's to me.

10. Were you expecting half dino, half chicken?
    :confused_2:

11. I'm expecting half dino half something. There should be tons of bones.

12. Man, this reminds me of this fool cody I use to know. He'd eat any pilll he could find, tylenol, what the fuck ever. Anything. Annnnyyyyythiiiinnnnggg.

To the point- He thought our evolutionary ancestors just gave birth to full fledged human beings..

Needless to say, he didn't know shit about evolution. No offense..

13. Yeah, Mairuzu's post is a reductio ad absurdum if I've ever seen one.

Evolutionary changes didn't happen instantaneously, or even close to instantaneously. Why some people think they did is beyond me.

14. If there were little changes, wouldn't they not show up somewhere in the bones? I Mean we're talking millions of years here with billions and billions of animals.

15. What kind of changes are you looking for? And how do you relate these changes to the environment the animal was living in?

Animals will only change if their environment calls for it. All animals specialize in adaptation; therefore, if you have a consistent, gradual flow through time that is unhindered by meteors crashing into the Earth, volcanoes blowing up, massive tsunami's wiping the lands clean of life, and so on, then you will likely see nothing out of the ordinary, just life progressing as it does.

16. Changes from the beings that turned into dinosaurs, seeing how when the earth was created there was no "animal" already existing, they "evolved" from bacteria, what turned into the dinosaurs that had them become to mighty?

17. Is it necessary for the fossil record to contain evidence of minute changes that lead to and fro different eras in the planet's history? I think a majority of life that has existed on earth does not become imprinted into fossil, and that which does is just a hint of what once was.

Also, it'd be hard to map out a genetic evolution of the planet's organisms, when we are already having enough trouble with our own genome :p

18. What a shame, what a shame.

19. Indeed. It seems as though, from my understanding, you want a 100% complete fossil record before you believe in evolution, so it's pretty much all-or-nothing? Black and white? What do you think about evolution vs creation, from your own experiences?

20. #100 Mairuzu, Apr 24, 2010
    I'm not saying I don't believe in evolution. I'm saying they should work harder and give me awesome shit to look at and to better understand this planet i live on.

I see it as, if god were to create the universe, he would have to follow to rules of the universe that he made. I mean, they're his rules. Therefore life had to unleash through evolution/big bang. Seeing as the big bang is still mysterious, who knows.