go to college or pursue my dream?

Discussion in 'General' started by dynasty7, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Should i go to college which i honestly dny enjoy 4 8 years of my life rlto get a doctorate in history and become a historian? Or pursue my dream leave everyone i know behind in small town georgia and move to orlando to train at the american top team gym there (a well known mma gym) id have a part time job and my buddy would be doing the same with me we would get a aparment and we would pay 4 our apartment and the monthly gym fee for A.T.T. Ive never lived on my own b4 him so it would be different... so what do you guys think stable future in college or pursue my dream that willbe rather bumpy?

2. Id rather be living my dream with a little bit of cash, than to be rich and doing something boring.

Just my 2 cents

3. Both are terrible choices imo.

Historian? really? thats a pretty worthless degree to spend all that money and time on 8 years of college

how long have you been training? How many fights? Or are you just a part of the huge increase in popularity MMA has been getting the past few years?

neither plan sounds "stable"

4. Smartass u know nothing in histori!ns theres tons of choices most museums pay 100k a year to people with doctorates and i believe u were implying im a bandwagoner... ur wrong been boxing since i was 12 18 now and wrestled 2 1/2 years.... sprawl and brawler...

5. lol dont be so hostile BRAH

6. #6 Lunati, Dec 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2010
    It all depends on your 10 year plan. If you want to have a family say in 10 years do you see your MMA career being successful enough to support you and your family? If not take the college route, you can still attend college and train so I'm not sure why you don't just do that.

Trust me I know the situation your in, I have a dream too, but I decided it was right for me to get that degree then pursuit my dream and then I have something to fall back on.

Basically I don't want to hear you went for your dream failed and you don't want to try to go to college because your 2-3 years behind. Then your suck working at the gym for part time work or some other low paying job.

Only you can answer this question, just take some time and really think it through along with your plan in life.

Good luck what ever path you decide to choose!

7. go to orlando and train. you can have a part time job to keep you through. The only problem is that Florida is a police state and generally sucks ass but you're coming from Georgia so it isn't much difference anyway

8. Srry y just seemed so negative bro... and yah i want to live my life idk about kids but i want this so much i can be dedicated i think im gona train mma 5 years. B4 i go pro mma so i can have the experience if i do this florida thing ill be training all week. Theres no mma schools in my area so ill have to go out of state

9. You only live once so go for it. No matter what you choose, you have to make sure you'll dedicate yourself to it 110% otherwise you're just going to end up disappointed.

10. Dude you did call his dream "worthless", that seems pretty hostile to me :devious:.

OP, why not college AND your dream, you can take night classes and work at the same time. Or do wrestling in college or join a boxing club, i guarantee you have a better chance if you go to school. Chuck Lidell lives near me and went to Poly, hell he and my high school English teacher were workout partners :cool:. Urijah Faber went to to the school i go to, and both of them are better off than most guys that just come off the street if you ask me.

11. where in georgia do you live

12. Go to college in Orlando. You have a better chance of getting a history degree than becoming a successful fighter.

13. the gym is out of state i cant really do both

14. camden... oh yah i know but im not much of a school person it would be misierable ya know it would be a stable life and job but i wouldnt be happy...

15. What would happen if you trained and took community college online classes just to get the core classes out of the way?

16. Send me an autograph now so when you're a famous fighter, I can sell it.

17. haha i hope so man idk yet i think id only want to do one so i can focus

18. I'd personally pursue my dreams. A college degree isn't a guaranteed good life and I'd be good just knowing I did what I wanted and all I could with my life. Just my opinion

19. So true dude i dnt think i could be happy if i dnt go after my dreams... i think id regret it....

20. Just go to UCF and get your degree, take classes 4 days a week and train for the other 3 days.