GO Nutes!! Need Help!!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by joey fats, Dec 16, 2010.

1. This is the new line called General Organics. http://www.generalhydroponics.com/genhydro_US/feeding_charts/GO_MYSF-FeedChart.pdf

I wanted something better for flowering than the Ionic nutes I have been using for years. I bought the Bio thrive bloom and the calmag. I mixed the "light" dosage which was 1 tsp per gallon Cal/Mg and bumped the Bloom up to 1.5 tsp per gallon "light/medium". Shortly after mixing the nutes, then aerating for 15 minutes, I took a ph reading and it was PERFECT!! 5.7 right on the dot(557ppm@.5), no ph down at all. Well 2 hours later I come back, after dinner, and check the ph again. It dropped to 4.5(530ppm@5.0) PPm down and Ph down I thought they were supposed to move in different direction. WHAT THE HECK? I adjust the solution accordingly with ph up, just a few drops really with 16 oz h20 to dilute. Ph was stabilized at 5.7 again. This morning I check the bucket and it is reading 6.5 ph and (609ppm@.5)again, this time ppm up and ph up????WTF BOYS?? I just read, at the link I posted that YOU DO NOT NEED TO ADJUST THE PH??Is this just mumbo jumbo, I still have to adjust right? Why do these nutes seem so unstable? I am bubbling another batch now to monitor the natural changes in the solution without a plant drinking from it. Any help, opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

2. Might have something to do with the nutrients dissolving ... at this time of year I have to warm up the RO water a bit to get all the goodies into solution.

As to the Automagic pH adjustment .. I would have to assume that the mfg has access to your water to make that determination .. and quite frankly salespeople will say anything. Trust you feelings .. if your pH meter sez its too high, lower it.

One thing .. never measure pH in a bubble area .. pull a sample and measure still solution.

You didn't say anything about your source water...
    Also no mention on the type of meter / measurement and how often calibrated.