Gnomo indoor soil dresser grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Lord Sativa, Mar 27, 2010.

1. So, here I am, starting another grow journal. It's been like a year since I started the first one, and although our previous grows didn't go too well, I'm optimistic for this journal.

We've decided to go with Kannabia's Gnomo. I've read mixed things about it, but am anxious to get back to dwarf plants, and the potential yield/THC levels/resin, make this one look like it's worth a try.

We've redesigned both dressers pretty heavily, and are anxious to see what we can do. Our last grow that we just finished, 2 Blue Widow plants which were clones from seeds I got for free last time I purchased seeds, turned out really well. The plants were healthy the entire life cycle, but they hermied. I'm not sure if this was because the mother plant previous had hermed because of poor living conditions, but no matter. It tasted good and smoked well, although the dried buds didn't weigh much. All in all, a good turn out considering only 105 watts of light for flowering (we're going to try to add more for flowering this time, but it'll add more heat, and we finally got that part right with just one bulb).

Here's one of the best descriptions I've found of gnomo, in case you're wondering about it. Gnomo Automatic | Kannabia-(5pk-fem) Seeds | Sensible Seeds

In addition to reworking both dressers, we fogged our grow room using some Dr. Doom fogger for gnats, etc. We had gnats bad toward the end of our last grow, so got rid of all of the soil we had, fogged everything. and I've scrubbed down all equipment we're using as well. So, here's hoping.

As for the specifics, I'm using size 2 pots (about a gallon and a half I think), Fox Farm Ocean Forest (soil), Fox Farm nutrients (Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz and Cha Ching) as well as Super-Thrive, Cal-Mag, and pH up when watering with flowering nutrients. I germinated the seeds between two soaked napkins in a Ziploc bag, and set the bag on top of my DVD player. Keeps it nice and warm there. I transplanted the seeds, which have the tiny tap roots starting to stick out, to 18 oz red Solo cups until they're big enough to transplant to the larger pots. Watered them with Super-thrive and Big Bloom today, and placed them about 18 inches or so below the light. I'm using CFL bulbs, 250 watt 6400k for vegetating, and a 105 watt 2700k for flowering, but as I said we're going to try to get another bulb in there to equal 210 watts. I have the lights set at 20/4. We'll see.

Oh, a note on the soil. We used some Roots Organic by Aurora for the seeds we planted last grow, and although we had to eventually toss out all of the plants because of our gnat infestation, I don't believe it was caused by the Roots Organic, and in fact, I really think that soil worked very well. The only reason we went back to the Ocean Forest this time is they were out of the Roots Organic when we went to the store yesterday :) I will definitely give it a try again though, because what I did see of it, made the seeds I planted turn into monster plants in no time. Granted, these were some sort of bag seeds, and some appeared to be Sativas, but they still thrived quite well, and were extremely healthy until I killed them.

Also, we have some Bio-Genesis Synergy, Organic Plant Stimulant that another grower gave us. We haven't decided whether to use it yet, and I'm going to look up information on it today, but I want to know if anyone else has any experience with it? If so, I'd like your comments.

Okay, I think that's it for now. Comments are welcome, and constructive comments even more so. I will post pics when I can, but with my current work schedule time is usually tight for me to look in on the plants. My grow partner, Couch Guy, does most of the work during the weekdays. Well, more to come later. Peace.