Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Glycerin Tincutres: Do I need to dry/cure first?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by DaDankSkunk, May 11, 2012.

1. I tried searching the forums to answer this question, but to no avail.

I'm having a slightly early harvest, wanted to turn it into a glycerin tincture. However, I wanted to know if I needed to dry or cure my bud at all, or if I could just decarb it and throw it in the crackpot.

2. Well, too late now, but in case anyone was looking for an answer, either 1 week or 10 years from now, here is what I did, and I'll post results later.

I harvested my bud a little early than I needed to, and I needed it to be GONE within a couple days. After harvest, and a very rough trim, I set the buds out overnight. I live in the desert, its pretty dry, but I don't know how that affected anything.

Anyway, set it out for the night, woke up 8 hours later, stuck the bud in the oven at 210F for ~25 minutes. By then, the bud was nice and dry, although the stems were still a little bendy.

I stuck it all in a food processor/grinder and it turned straight into a nice powder.

I'll have a new post once I get some test subjects to try out the tincture, opinions and all. :smoke:

3. That's fucked up... Throw it in alcohol.

4. #4 DaDankSkunk, May 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2012
    I'm using glycerin instead. I got a weight of 59 grams after decarb and used 32 oz of glycerine. Its been sitting in the crockpot on low for 4 hours now.

Edit:

Finishing off at 8 hours total. The temps on the crock pot were running from 180 at the surface to 220-260 near the bottom. There is vapor every time I lift the lid, but nothing really escaped. Soon my friends, soon.

Final product:

[​IMG]

Taste is nice and sweet, added a few drops a vanilla extract at the end. I'll be back from a report of frient tests.