Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Glasses ruin your high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TalkativeBaggy, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Anyone here wear glasses that kills your high? I'm near sighted and have a pretty strong prescription and whenever I have glasses on, the effects are almost as if i took a tiny hit instead of a big one. Without the glasses, I get zooted. Just wondering if theres anyone like me out there :p

2. I can't think of any reason that wearing glasses would change your high.

I wear contacts or glasses all the time (can't see shit without them), and I still get plenty high :bongin:

3. It doesn't have any bearing on the intensity of your high, it is merely placebo what you have experienced here.

All of the processes of cannabis effecting your body causing you to feel high are internal, whereas the glasses are external. Cannabis is not psychoactive until it is combusted, or heated to the appropriate flashpoint otherwise.

Hope this clears things up.

4. Never heard of this. next time i smoke up, i'll take off my glasses and see if anything different happens.

5. it use to be like that for me, but if you don't think about it it doesn't really affect you. It's all in your head.

6. Glasses huh?

Nope I don't have any problem. Wait, maybe I do, I can't find my Vape without my glasses. No, without my glasses I don't get as high. Hell I don't get high at all if I can't find the Vape.

7. I mean, I've noticed I get a headache with my glasses on while high, so I just take em off to keep it away.

8. Nope, no different affect when wearing my glasses and not :smoking:

9. Contacts are useful. If you don't have eye drops. Just tell people your contacts are old and are the reason your eyes are red.

10. Damn today I learned juicy j papers and not wearing glasses gets you more high..who knew

11. Glasses make my high better. Without them, my head would hurt which sometimes ruins my high

12. I really don't know why it would ruin a high , I enjoy that I'm able to see clear with glasses. Being nearsighted might change your perception on what an object is. For instance, tonight I thought my ps3 case was a prescription bottle when I was 7 feet away viewing it.hehe.

13. I do feel higher when i have my contacts in!!!

14. I wear contacts and glasses, neither effect my high.
    Lets look at this from two view points. Glasses, something completely unrelated to cannabis, you put them on your face and they dont even effect you psychologically, how the fuck in common sense land could they effect your high. Scientifically speaking, its even more a load of bullshit.
    Sorry to be so pissy, but so many stupid questions such as the above just piss me off, use your brain once in a while. How on earth could a piece of glass and metal/aluminium effect the ability of a substance to alter your mind? Unless you inject a thc concentrate through your eye ball and the glass lens acts as physical barrier, please refrain from asking really really really stupid questions.

15. It's because of the preifferal vision factor

16. You must be really, really, really stoned

17. I don't think it would. I always wear either contacts or glasses but even when I'm not wearing them, I feel the same amount of high as with them.

I've noticed that my eyes don't look red (or as red) with my glasses or contacts on.

18. No I don't even think about it.

19. What's this now?

20. Hey...this is "Apprentice Tokers." There's no such thing as a dumb question (unless it's been asked a million times and someone didn't search before posting) :)