Glassblowers please enter need your thoughts on possibilities.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Inevitable24, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Okay so my diffuser wouldnt come out the other day and i must have applied just enough pressure in the wrong way trying to twist it off and it was just enough to fuck my beaker up.

There are a couple of glassblower locations around here but they dont advertise if they do waterpipes ect. one of them is a art institute and the other is just a glass shop that must do a little blowing...before i take it into them though I want to know if what i need done is possible and if i can trust a local guy to re blow my Lux back to perfect size.

The first pic is just what it looks like and the second pic illustrates what i think can be done to it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The blue line shows the original break/chip from twisting with too much pressure in that direction.

The Red line shows the stress crack that followed after I thought it was ok to smoke out of with my ashcatcher attached.

The white line is where I would like to make a clean cut and have reblown....is that possible what kind of difficulty is that kind of blow for said glass blower and how much would you charge for that service.

And if I cant find a local person would someone be willing to set up a repair appointment I have a verified paypal (i would grunge off it to perfection before i ship)

2. Has anyone had thier piece repaired before even if it was a different break, how did it turn out afterwards, and in your opinion does anyone think this is fixable or should i just use it till it dies...