Glass screens

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by PublicEnemy20, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Do Glass screens have any effect on ripping a bong? Do they make it harder to hit, or not as smooth for any reason? Or do they have no effect on smoking at all?

Just wondering since I had to get one for my roor, and I'm not used to it.

2. they're pretty much like metal screens except that they last longer. That being said, they cost more than metal (I get 10 metal screens for the price of 1 glass). I also like metal screens because they are malleable and can be bent without much effort. It's a matter of personal preference. I have a metal screen for my RooR and a glass for my spoon pipe.

3. I would just just get a metal screen. Way better.

4. I really don't use screens these days, but when I do I use glass. The flower style seems to work the best, just because they fit the bowl perfectly. I normally pick up five or so, and they last me a good few weeks.

It doesn't affect my pull at all. If you're worried about that, think about picking up a diffused slide. They have built in screens.

5. The glass screen is just less practical. It's harder to get it out of your bowl and you cannot make kief snaps with it. Imo.

Besides that they do the same job on pulling and smoothness.

6. Lol less practical? and how are metal ones better?

Its all personal preference, I was using brass screens in my bong until it started giving my headaches. They are nice because they can be easily cleared but they release chemicals and break down quick.

I use to not like glass screens bc I would always use them but I finaly have a good system. I have tons of those little gram sized hash containers from the dispensary so I filled one up with isopropyl. Glass screens do accumulate resin quick and that in turn makes the piece harder to "pull".

SO I keep one glass screen in the container filled with iso, and the other in my bong. When it gets too res'd up I drop it in the isopropyl container and pull the other one out. Wipe it off, and its good as new.

7. Titanium my friend, titanium.

8. They give me headaches too. I just prefer all glass everything :bongin:

9. Why can't I snap kief bowls with it?

10. Cause the kief will fall through unless you put it on top of some bud.

I actually prefer the glass screens to metal ones though, I find that the metal ones get dirty really quickly and I'd much rather buy a glass one and be able to clean it in some alcohol than to keep purchasing metal ones.

11. honeycomb screens blow everything else out of the water for flower

12. That's a good idea actually, putting kief on top of bud.

13. Thats what I normally do - I mean, I don't normally have enough kief to smoke purely kief bowls so I just put a bit of bud at the bottom of my bowl and sprinkle the kief on top. Tasty.

14. Yeah I do the same, and when you put keif in a bowl with no screen at all half of it ends up in the bong water.

15. Yeah exactly. I fucking hate it when I smoke with people and they don't have some kind of screen in their slide/piece that has a giant fucking hole in the bottom. I just always end up thinking "don't you see all that green bud floating around in your bong water?". Sheesh.

16. ME TOO BRO! it bugs the shit out of me! Glass screens to a really good job at not letting any plant matter through the bowl. I hate seeing big chunks of ash or cannabis floating in my bong water. Smoking this next snap for you ReggaeMuffin :bongin: