Glass Rolling Tips (Crutch)

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by grojak, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Just got a set of 3 to try out, I went with the Phunky Fil 3pc and case cause I figured if I don't like it some glass head will pay me double for the OG version 2-3 years from now. I did my research and there are a few brands that all seem legit, OG Tips, Purr (sold here), Phunky Fil (by RooR) and DNA, the Purr says it can be a 1 hitter too but I wouldn't even try it seems to short to be safe. These would work fine for blunts too I just don't roll them. There are also joint holders. which these could also be used for (but man it'd be a small joint) but from my research joint holders are much to big and oddly shaped for putting inside a joint.

Anyone use these? Here is my review / experience:

I'm an old school joint roller, it's my preferred method of smoking and like a lot of us I take pride in my joints, often I'm the DJR. I've never used paper crutches for 2 reasons, they take too much time to make and my joints smoke fine without. So first of all having never seen these in person it was interesting to finally hold them and see just how small they are. These would not work for penners. I rolled my first J up using one, it smoked perfect all the way to the filter and the draw never gets restricted so the first hit hits as good as the last, 2 plusses. The joint it's self was something I wouldn't show off, not my best but I have to still play with rolling technique having only rolled 1.

The way I rolled it was to roll my normal joint than push it into one side, I tried to keep all the weed in front of the crutch but a little ended up on top of it when I was done. I than just twisted it up like I normally would but didn't break up enough bud thus the ugly J I had to work to pack it in leaving wasted paper at the end. The proper size of a joint using this is about the size of a #2 pencil or bigger of course. Next time I am going to roll the tip into the paper and make a cone out of it by packing weed in.

Any tips or experience please share.

Edit: Forgot to mention it seems like you'll want to clean these after each use so I would recommend a 3 pack for that reason. I plan to just keep a pill type bottle filled with rubbing alcohol in it to drop them in after use.

2. #2 grojak, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  3. Not a bad deal! I should pick some of those up for myself. Thanks for the post! :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dunno would have to try em for myself first. I really like raw paper tips, quick easy and cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  5. try it out... if you can roll with a filter I think you'd have no problem... you can spend as little as like $3 to get a cheapo