Glass pipe - what's a good piece to start off with?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Jarrz, Jan 18, 2012.

1. So I have a small acryl bong and a Vaporgenie, but I want to buy a nice glass pipe and I was wondering if GC can recommend any starter pieces, and by starter I mean pipe using starter, I have been smoking the ganja for a while.

2. My personal preference when buying a new glass pipe, is to support a local artist. If you've got any head shops that buy local glass off blowers, ask them to point out the pieces. Pipes are pretty much the same to me, so I prefer to go into a store and pick out that first pipe that really catches my eye. I haven't been disappointed.

The one thing that does make hand pipes different to me is the size of the bowl. I only smoke nug out of my pipe, so it has a small bowl. It works great for me because I hate lighting and tasting ash. I would much prefer just to load a couple small bowls. If you don't mind the ash, or are planning on smoking it with a bunch of buddies, a bigger bowl might be best.

Hope i helped :D

3. It will be helpful if you give us a price range for you. But Ill give you some simple and cost affective starts pieces.

Everything will be 100 or less

Black Leaf - Saxo Glass Bubbler - Recessed Joint - 10-arm Perc - Grasscity.com

Black Leaf - Saxo Glass Bubbler - Recessed Joint - Shower Perc - Grasscity.com

These two are some interesting bubblers. Maybe you'd like your first piece to be a nice bubbler

Molino Premium Bong Line - 5mm - 50cm - Blue Logo - Grasscity.com

Theres a bunch from molino that are great simple straight tubes. Good quality, you can get a little thicker or different color logo.

EHLE. Glass - Straight Cylinder Bong 100ml - Green logo - Bongs & Waterpipes - Smoking Pipes - Grasscity.com

Ehle are excellent simple straight tubes that range from 50 to way expensive, all great quality.

Weed Star - Ghetto Bitch - Glass Bongs - Bongs & Waterpipes - Smoking Pipes - Grasscity.com

Simple beaker from weed star, theres another thats a little shorter.

Good quality plain tube.

Lemme know what oyu think

4. Thanks a lot for the suggestions, but I was thinking more along the lines of a handpipe. Looks like great pieces though!

5. hahaha holy shit, I completely over looked that.

Dude there is literally no advice to give on getting a pipe to smoke out of

walk into an LHS

Look at a bowl thats pretty

Then buy it and smoke it.

Then get rid of that acrylic bong >______________>

6. So that's that ^^

7. yeah, when I used to buy hand pipes, I would go in and try to find one that had the color schemes that I personally like.

I used to enjoy looking at weird and colorful things when i was new to smoking lol.

Now if I were to buy a pipe, I want to go the more artistic route, cause I've grown out of smoking from bowls.

I like bowls more for the artistic integrity than using them.

AL t Has such amazing heady bowls. But art is expensive and Im a poor martha fawker.

8. #8 spuckle, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2012
    when buying online, ive found the product varies from the picture pretty often when it comes to budget pieces, in color, size, and thickness http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/953193-bowl-looks-nothing-like-one-i-ordered.html
    but ive also found the prices are often inflated due to the cost of running a store font, so when you buy from a lhs, make sure you know its money well spent. sales are definitely a good time to buy, and if its a good price, and puts money in a local's pocket, go for it