Glass Nails?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by HUNTER12, May 21, 2014.

1. I just need a regular glass nail, will the ones from eBay do the job? thanks

2. so many threads about nails haha. yes just buy one so I can stop seeing these threads constantly. it will break eventually.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Yes but they break and  really do suck.... Save up and get Titanium and not from ebay.... Make sure it's grade2 titanium.

4. I'm saving up for HE titanium but for now I need something to get by.

5. Yeah titanium one is much better.

6. I have a glass nail that I've been dabbing on pretty frequently. Just like the ceramics, if you treat them properly, they will last. just heat it up slowly, boro has a COE of 33 while quartz is 0, thats why you can dunk a red hot quartz nail in water and have it not do anything. Start with a small flame and slowly turn it up once you see the orange sodium flare start coming off the nail and once its evenly heated, let it cool down before dabbing, red hot boro nails are gross.... any red hot nail is gross :smoking:

7. #7 ckycampmember, May 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
    Got all scientific and shit. Great explanation. Jimmy for a 2nd term :metal:

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. At least get a quartz nail. Glass suck. Domeless ti all day though

9. I've been looking for a titanium and even $50 doesn't seem enough.

10. Save up the 70 bucks to get a HE dualiti or spend 100 and get this entire set... with carb cap and dabber.

Nail itself is 58 bucks:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Highly-Educated-Titanium-Domeless-DualiTi-Nail-Fits-Both-14-19-Mm-/281349028077?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4181b578ed

The set:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Highly-Educated-Dualiti-Carb-Cap-Flat-Head-Carb-Cap-Dabber-/281334668965?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4180da5ea5

11. Yeah I might save up for the infinity, it fits all sizes.

12. #12 SiberianShepherd, May 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2014
    The infinity fits all sizes 14,18 male and female the Dualiti fits 14,18 and male only(unless you have an adapter) I'd go for the dualiti first just so you don't get into it for so much, then you can upgrade.

13. I would say fuck the Dualiti, it gets your joint so fucking hot and you cant replace the head. Get the infiniti, it can be configured soo many ways, replaceable heads, works with enails.... its just a winner in my book :metal:

14. Yeah I'm wondering how hot the joint gets when heating glass or titanium. I'm worried about breaking the joints and ruining the whole rig, I see how people gets close to the joints.

15. I've never had a problem with any of my rigs and I use MAP gas which is extremely hot... 

16. Ok that's reassuring, I'm so afraid to heat up the nail longer than I should, and I'm only using butane torch.

17. Don't even worry with butane. The glass needs to be really really hot to crack. The main thing I find that causes cracks in rigs is when water touches the joint when it's really hot. That causes cracks.

18. Try $150
    Hate when ppm say that. Then your spending a ton of money and waste a bunch of unneeded shit. Always get top of the line first. If you get it second, you spend money on something you didn't need to buy

19. [quote name="SiberianShepherd" post="20104379" timestamp="1401673923"]Don't even worry with butane. The glass needs to be really really hot to crack. The main thing I find that causes cracks in rigs is when water touches the joint when it's really hot. That causes cracks.[/quote]
    I try not to put too much water and make sure no splash on the joints.
    Hate when ppm say that. Then your spending a ton of money and waste a bunch of unneeded shit. Always get top of the line first. If you get it second, you spend money on something you didn't need to buy[/quote]
    I know what you mean, the money I spent on cheap little things and now useless, I could've bought the real one. It's a newbie mistake.

20. Glass getting too hot does not make it break. getting too hot too quick makes it break, boro has a Co-efficiency of expansion(COE) of 33 while fused quartz is 0, thats why you can dip a red hot quartz nail in water with no damage.

Glass just expands and contracts so it needs to be slowly heated up, and cooled(drop of water on hot glass is not slowly cooling, hence the breakage) how do you think the glass pipes even get made? they have to get hot :p