Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Glass jar vs plastic from dispensaries

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Mookie0608, May 14, 2018.

1. I have been doing a lot of reading that glass mason jars are better for storing weed but it seems like more popular for ounces and pounds, buying in bulk or doing your own growing. I just get medical marijuana by the eight or quarter. I have a few quarters now maybe up to an ounce but all different strains.

Would I be fine using either the plastic jar they come in or plastic bag (not a sandwich bag). We’re are only talking most of the time weed that will only last 2-7 days going I have a few strains for about a month that’s about it with harvest and packaging dates on average about a week-2 but some 1-3 months but I’m assuming there not popular strains I do have 2 cbd strains harlequin and cannatsu that I’m still posed about and will not be back to garden state dispensary for selling me both strains harvested in 2016, and early 2017.

Does the glass make that much of a difference even short term? Where the switch is worth it or do people keep small amounts in the storage they came in?

2. image.jpg Short term storage like a week I’d just Keep it in the container it came in. Mason jars come in all dif sizes. But I’m guessing as you find what u like you’ll start buying in larger quantities.
    A case of mason jars is like 12-14$ I buy them at second hand stores for like a quarter a piece

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I used to think mason jars were the best for storing for over 10 years until I read about UV storage. I now own 2 UV jars and won't ever go back. Educate yourself about those, you won't regret going so.

4. I seen the uv storage containers. They just didn’t seem to be worth the money for me as I already store my medicine in the dark. A pull out drawer and in a smell proof bag to be exact.

5. Not until you use one. To me they're worth every penny and I rarely smoke raw flower anymore. Your herb gets more pungent the longer it's in there too. These are what I currently use. Picked these bags up at a local gas station the other day. If you don't know about Cookies they're expensive but quality IMG_20180514_141328.jpg IMG_20180514_141612.jpg

6. Okay just don’t see it being that cost effective. I’m thinking it’s over $100. Would use at least 4-6. Different sizes but small. Smaller then 2 ounce.

7. Check out Amazon. The two I bought were $24 a piece and I comfortably fit 34-40 grams per jar without squishing buds. They make multiple different sizes too if you ever want to take even better care of your flower/product than you already do

8. Lmao. Those things are ridiculously expensive!! I’d recommend the mason jars. Been using em for years and years. And years. Or if you really want light blocked they make stainless buckets for about the same cost as those uv containers but they’re much larger. But you don’t need that stuff. Mason jars are perfect. Store them in a cool dark area and you can’t go wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I’m not storing ounces I’m storing a quarter at most. On average I’m only storing an 8th if each strain. If I ever have an ounce at a time it Will be from a sale, and really liking a strain. Sales don’t come often well the good ones at least.

10. They make different sizes, but to each their own. I happened to really notice the difference in my flower immediately that's all

11. For a week or so use the container the weed came in. Then switch to mason jars. THEN add a Boveda 62% humidity control pack. I store weed up to a year with only a small amout of degrading

But if it’s just a week. Big deal But plastic has that charge that sucks

• Like Like x 1
  12. Once its curred not as much as an issue. Hell my buddy that supplies med stores was picking up 10-50 lbs from Humboldt and they were curing it in 5 gal home depot buckets with the screw on lid. Smoke was always bomb. When ur weed is good u can so whatever to it

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

13. Plastic has a negative charge and any weed that touches the side the THC will stick to the sides. That is the issue. So for a short time it’s all good. Just not long term.

14. Why are you guys talking about blocking light. Put the weed in glass mason jars with humidity packs to maintain the humidity. And put them in a cool dark place like the pantry then you don't have to worry about blocking light.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Glass jars cheap on ebay...
    Screenshot_2018-05-19-13-44-26.jpg

Humidity packs use 1 or 2 or 3 per jar doesn't really matter.

Screenshot_2018-05-19-13-45-25.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app