Glass in Mass and Rhode Island

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by JohnBoy4206, May 16, 2009.

1. A friend and I went on an adventure. We wanted to know all the Head Shops we could find. so we started local. Double G Enterprise. I have gone to this Guy to get my pipes for years. he has decent Bongs,Bowls.. nothing fancy.Dont come here looking for a headdies peice. Some times he has some weird shit, Statues, Lots of swords, great prices. everything is marked fairly, but he takes 10% off for everyone. The more business you do with him the higher the %. Trust me. Over all I say he has about 75-150 peices, depending on the day. It's a cool place to check out. He's got what you need to get the job done.

That's really it for Worcester. Well not really, but im not trying to waste your time. Now We have also done a bit of business at a little shop called the Dragons Leyr. A New Age shop. This place is pricey. Lots of unique hand blown glass. Candles,Incense. They have a bubbler that has Plasma inside and when it sits on its base an electric charge follows your fingers. Just like those globes. They have a fair selectoion of bongs, anywhere between 15-20 and maybe about 100 bowls and bubblers. They have always seemed to be well stocked. They have some nice shit but be prepaired to spend some money.

Ive been saving the best of my adventures for last. Now if your like my buddy and I and you have to have that peice that just screams amazing, you might want to get directions to these places.

Our Adventers of locating some pipes shops lead us into Rhode Island. Providence/Warwick areas. The first day of road trippen brought up the a place call Ethnic Concepts. This place is like a chain store. I know of 2 Ethnic Concepts, and that they own another store called Phunky Fresh. I am goin to sum up all three of these places in one swing. yes. they have a ton of shit. but that is what most of it is. we didnt spend much time in any of these stores. I did see some Roors and Zongs, but the prices just didn't match the quality. These Shops all sold there peices at a 20% increase than anywhere ive seen. Great location and easy to find, like a CVS.

My next 3 I am so Anxious to tell you about. they are all must see shops.Watch Your Head. We found this place hidden in a flee market. This is the place to go. they have possibly 300-400 peices. My favorite part of this shop is they do a buy one get one free (equal or lesser value) 1 or 2 times a year. Now this place. HA. you can spend 1600 on smoking device and walk out knowing you got a deal. but dont get the wrong impression coming to this store wont send you bankrupt. you can get a heavily worked on peice at a very very nice price. there is a wall of every blunt wrap you can think of maybe 80 different kinds. <--buy 2 get 1 free! the bong sellection in this place was sick. insane honestly. some really crazy fucking stuff in this place.

next is the Kind Connection. If you are looking for a Headdies peice, or heavily detailed art. The Guy that owns this store personally knows all the blowers. 3/4 maybe 5. not a huge selection but the art, keyword here art, is amazing, one of a kind peices of art that is affordable. this place is a MUST. If you smoke, and you can visit this store, make the effort. you will NOT be dissapointed. i really dont have much to say about this place because words cannot explain this shop or the next one for that matter. The first peice we ever got here he waved the taxes and took 10$ of the top. He defenetlt knew his glass. everything in here is hand blown. very unique selection. there was slides and chillums with aquarium desings and they are all blown with the smoker in mind he said to us.

OPM. This place is for the conisuor of smokable art. OPM is like a museum for habitual smokers. some of the peicess in this establishment i was afraid to look at nevermind touch. I couldnt even fathom smoking out of some of these things. OPM even has non smokable decorative glass art as well. If i had to guess this place is worth a million to start. there is a case in the middle of the store with massive peices 2000$ plus, and there was like 20. 1 was 5000$ those prices sound outrageous, but so are the peices. if there where a hall of fame for glass blowers this would be the spot. for anykind of pipe you can think of and even some you cant. this place is worth the trip. from anywhere. searching for one of a kind glass has become a hobby of mine ever since my first puff. i almost like some of the peices more than i like smoking itself. so if your a person looking for that special peice OPM is truley amazing. everything in this store has a piece of life and love and sole crafted into each peice.

I hope this can help some one, i have pics if any one is intrested.

2. You should throw up some pictures everyone in grasscity loves pictures, welcome to the forum man amazing first post and I condone you for taking so much time to produce such a detailed guide for head shops in your local area. I might have to do something like this for the Seattle area :)

+rep and once again amazing first post welcome to the city!

3. Welcome to the City guy. I'm from MA. FYI OPM is way overpriced. Plus the people that work there pressure you to buy. It's really aggrivating.

Nice first Post though man! +rep

4. I strongly dissagree i bought my first ever bowl fromt here and he was really nice with the whole deal
    haha he even left us alone in ther while he literally ran right across the street to grab some pizza.....guy was oviously grilling us the whole time from across the strett but i guess he trusted us and he knew what we were talking about
    You just have to give them some respect and no drop the "b" words

5. I must personally vouch for this place whenever anybody talks about it. I LOVE Kind Connection. The owner and the other guy who works there are both extra chill. I'm there like every week, haha. Prices are great, and they can be talked down, the owner knows whats up. I've gotten 10 bucks off a couple pieces, and 50 bucks off a $400 tube, and never pay sales tax, they treat recurring/loyal customers very well. Chris (owner) is the shit, and I'm pretty sure he knows JP Toro, Freek, Kenaroo, Salt, all of them personally, which is a plus in my book.

GO THERE

6. Hellllyeah man watch your head is bomb! Me and my friends still call it honest bobs though. But that place is soooo sick. all the guys there are friendly, and the one with the piercings is wicked funny. They give you good deals, have ahuge selection, cheaper salvia, and twice a year they also have a everythings half off sale!

7. Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

8. haha ya that guy is the man, watch your head is nice but they only have a few high end pieces

9. Dont Forget about The Happy Campah. They Carry High-End pieces, tubes, and slides. as well as the like of other goods.

10. Just to let any fans of "Watch your head" aka Honest Bob's, the sever flooding in Rhode Island has completely flooded the Head Shop. I saw the flood with my own eyes. It's sad for the entire building but also for Bob and his employees. Monday I'll be calling Honest Bob's to see if he needs some volunteers to clean the place up and get the place running again.

11. damn that sucks to hear, i would try to come down and help but im at school

12. To Organjic :

Do you know if Honest Bob's is still in business??? And if so, in the same location - or did he move his shop? He placed an order with us back in March at the Vegas Glass Expo, and I haven't been able to get ahold of him. This news of a flood is devastating! Any info you have would be greatly appreciated! (new phone number/address??). You can reply here or contact me at RatedRGlass@gmail.com.

Thanks so much!
    Rated R Glass
    WARNING: may contain violence or gore.

13. Honest Bob/Watch Your Head is at the same place. Instead of being inside, he's outside in the parking lot.

Still going though.