glass homemade bong help

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by knicks226, Mar 21, 2009.

1. i want to make a homemade bong out of this corona bottle but i don't have any sort of drill to make a hole in the bottle. does anyone have any ideas as to how i could make a hole?

Attached Files:

2. nah your gonna need a drill.

3. either drill it or heat it up.. but that needs ALOT of skill to do that..
    and that bottle wouldnt be that good of a candidate for a bong anyway, the walls are vertical, any slider piece would just sit horizontally.. unless u used a plastic tube, but then whats the point of using a glass bottle..

4. DO NOT HEAT IT DO NOT HEAT IT DO NOT HEAT IT
    im a glass blower and if you heat blown glass enough it will shatter even if you heated it enough it would be impossible to make a hole it would just make a big dent in the glass your gonna need a drill plus a tungsten carbonite bit

5. your a glass blower? Thats sick man, is that a career you can pursue in? i always wandered

6. yeah glass blowers can make hella money if there good ive been doin it for like a year and love it its hard as hell but i can make a bong first time i tried to drill a hole in the glass it got like a 1/4 inch in and just stopped no shattering no cracks just stopped

7. Same here. I might want to be a glassblower, or maybe do it on the side.

Once I took a test tube and used a torch to heat the glass and then form it into a really crude pipe. That was my first glass pipe. Its really really difficult from what I experienced, but that would be sweet to have a ridiculous amount of awesome glass that you own, but only paying for the raw materials.

8. glass making materials are really expensive in order to create your own hotshop it would cost sooooo much money upwards of $50,000 if you get good equipment you need a furnace, gloryhole (no lie its for reheating glass), a special bench, tools, an annealer to cool the glass, proper ventilation, along with the high cost of running it all whether you use electricity or gas it would cost so much not even including the glass necessary to make it all with colored glass is uber expensive plus the training for it is expensive i learned through my school and that was 200 dollars a year which is the best deal anywhere period it would cost that much for like 1 to 2 classes anywhere else

9. Thats great man. Keep on parting with the bong making community!:hello:
    Did you make the bong shape your self and then drilled it yourself?
    I got this glass thing that's hand blown and its watering plants I thought I could put that into a bong but the glass seems really thin, do you think even with a thin glass that it feels like I can drill a hole in it with the correct glass drills of course?

10. i know what your talking about if you had the proper bit it may work but you would have to move REALLY slow and have water flowing onto the area at all times be careful when you do it too wear gloves and protective eyewear because if it backfires and shatters in your face then it would be baddddd.
    and yeah i made the shape myself i blew it out shaped it and everything but i didnt have the right bit and it started to drill but then just stopped but the glass was real thick so i dont know about your thing though

11. I have successfully drilled a few liquor bottles using your average drill and a tile and glass cutting bit.
    The hole will have to be straight through though, so pick your bottle well so you can drill straight through where the bottle has a curve, important thing is to drill nice and slowly, don't rush, pouring cold water over the drill site while you drill will keep the glass from getting too hot and I have also heard from someone that filling the bottle with sand helps as well.
    Oh, and if you don't have a stem or bowl, try getting a steel tire gauge and ripping it apart so you just have a plain steel pipe, then find a socket that will fit on it, should fit nice enough that you can pull the socket off when you want to clear it, and where the socket wrench connects to the socket, rounded hole is better then square, way more air tight but it won't be completely air tight. Then put a screen in the socket, if you don't have one, faucets have them you can pop out, but I would check if the material is safe, lol. All I got, good luck.