glass bowl repair

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by spuckle, Apr 7, 2012.

1. got this in the mail today, didn't even get to use it yet and i made a clean break right on the joint. It fits back into place perfectly, nothing missing. I called a few glassblowers, one said he'll do it but he charges 70 an hour

ForumRunner_20120407_140558.png

Any suggestions for a quick fix?

ForumRunner_20120407_140706.png

2. My only thought is to somehow get it so it the pieces fit together and will stay that way and put a little glue around the outside.

3. you know of any glass glue that's heat resistant? I have a propane torch, would that get some glass hot enough to melt so I could drip it over the crack and seal it?

4. Glue that bitch bro.

5. Glass glue? all I have is super

6. forget it if i glue then I cant use iso, ill help out the local gb

7. I hope the gb doesn't really charge you $70 just for that, I don't know anything about glassblowing but I can't see it taking more than 10 minutes for that little crack.

8. He said shit like this usually takes under a 1/2 hr ik

9. wouldnt it just be cheaper to get a new bowl?

10. I like this one alot, I can get them for 30 shipped. it should take less than a half hour, so it'd be around the same price if i got it fixed. I could have him put some warts on it too

11. It's going to cost more to fix that one than to order a new one.

I wouldnt use any type of glue that close to the slide. You should just buy a new one or look into glass on glass:poke::bolt:

12. 70$ would be a huge rip off to fix that, i broke a bowl and the blower told me he would fix it for free, just charge me for the new joint and shipping, like 2.5$ and shipping lol.

dont use glue, and dude 30$ for that is too much, i got a worked Disk Diffused G on G slide custom made for that much money...

13. he does 70 an hour, at most it'll take 20 mins, so around 25 im guessing. im gonna have him add some more warts to it anyway. This is for the incredibowl, theres no room for glass on glass.