Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Glass Bong vs Acrylic or Other? Best Features & Shapes ?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by erebusting, May 31, 2011.

1. #1 erebusting, May 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2011
    I was interested in getting my first bong (I have used and made bongs before, but never had a personal one and this is going to be it)...my experience is primarily with bamboo bongs, 1 glass bong and a couple acrylics...
    I like the glass, then bamboo, then acrylics (in that order)

I am on a budget though and so I was originally thinkin of spending about 20$ on decent acrylic or so, but thought --should I try to go for the glass instead? are there any good glass bongs for a good price? (under 100$ for sure, under 50$ would be nicer =] )

In addition to that I would like to know your opinions on the different shapes and features of a bong that are nice..(i.e. I like an ice catcher for sure, and the ones that you do not have to light directly under your eye are nice especially if it is going to be close to your eye--that would suck! haha)...

Thanks for your advice and comments..

2. Well, not sure about bong prices were you are buuut, for $70 to $100 dollars you could get a decent glassy, but if you want to pay under $50 I wouldn't try n get a glass. If you can fond a bamboo bong at your head shop, then go ahead but if I were you I'd just spend $30 on a nice acrylic and grab yourself some bud!:D

3. Also, I personally prefer beaker-style bongs but if you like striaght shooters then by all means get on.

4. If your on a budget i would suggest an acrylic but keep in mind they are a pain in the ass to clean and start to not work so good after awhile im sure you can find a decent glass bong for around 60-100 dollars depending on were you look you may also like a bubbler a nice glass one for around 40 dollars

5. Blaze glass, theres a mini beaker with 4 arm tree and ash-catcher for $50!

6. Grab yourself a glass beaker, they're amazing

7. $110 7mm Dirty....... 5mm is cheaper

Attached Files:

8. Cool, the only ones I have tried were all straight shooters as well...
    I have 2 bubblers and they are nice, but I just feel like I need something else...I have a vape and a mini vape (MFLB, which I would like to sell BTW), plus some zig zag ultra thins...so I have a good variety n lookin to add somethin new--I think a bong will fit the part?

So, I have always known that glass was the best to use, so maybe I will wait a little or try to work a little harder n make some $$ to get a decent bong or should I try to be like 'go hard o go home' and get somethin over $100, but is it really worth it?...
    I see some for like 800 etc n Im like wtf is that really worth it, after 100 or so it seems like it just gets repetetive ...idk?
    please advise! =)

Thanks!

9. I have been looking at the Ehle bongs. You can pick up a really nice piece of glass for under $100 easily.

10. I do not even known the difference between brands and such... I have a ways to go to learn about the glass bongs lol

11. Check out the WEEDSTAR brand in the GC shop. They are thinner glass, but if you are careful, that's okay. They are also really easy to change around and add precoolers, ash-catchers, etc. and they have several with ice pinches in them. With and without carb (which you can buy plugs for anyway). I think for your first one, it may be a great place to start. I know that is the direction I'm leaning in. And there would be something to fit a low budget, for sure.
    Let us know what you decide and upload some pics, okay?

12. Thin glass does not sounds good....IDK...

13. i think Acrylic hits like shit

14. I wouldn't settle for less, if you want glass work for that extra money and get something you will be proud of, instead of getting an acrylic and regretting it. Glass is the best and most expensive. Brand really doesn't matter as long as it is thick glass and you like it.

15. I just cant get over how much of the Weed Star stuff is out of stock all the time. Everytime I'm looking at the shop and see something dope, they don't have any more. I'm wondering if Weed Star is having a hard time keeping up with the demand since their glass is pretty inexpensive.

16. Depends on where you're buying from and how lucky you are. Online pieces go for a lot less in my experience than stuff in head shops. I got my 8" Mini RooR for $65, although the price in the shop before I talked to the guy was $80. Before I even got that bong, I'd seen much better bongs online for much cheaper, but once again it all depends. If you want some big shot, awesome bong that's gonna blow people away, prepare to spend a lot of money. But if you want something that gets the job done without too many problems, get a decent priced glass bong or a nice acrylic.

17. I typically enjoy a straight glass beaker with ice pinches and one or two percs, anymore than that and there's usually more drag than I like.

18. I just ordered a Bamboo bong from tropicalpipes.com. I dont know if it will blow shit balls or not but it looks sweet,[​IMG]

19. Get glass, I just ordered two new bongs ^___^

20. Throw us the links so we can see 'em, dude! Congrats, btw. The gift that keeps on giving. :D