Giving rep problem

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Metalace, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Alright so i haven't been on GC in a good 4 + months. So a min ago I tried to give my friend some + rep but it said I needed to spread it b4 i give some more. Now i thought this was weird since last time i got on and i used all my rep. So does anyone know the deal?

2. :confused: Just means you already repped that blade and you need to go rep some other blades before you can rep them again I think :smoke:

3. Yea but its been almost 4 months since i rep him. I`ve used multi days worth of rep and still cant rep him nor can he rep me.

4. Doesn't matter how long it's been, if you haven't repped xx number of different members in between (I think the default is 20), you won't be able to rep them again until you do. ;)

5. Ive repped atleast 50+ pplz.

6. [quote name='"Metalace"']

Ive repped atleast 50+ pplz.[/quote]

Maybe it's 1000 then. Rep isn't really something to focus on anyway and this feature is in place so you don't rep a buddy over and over, but actually rep high quality posts by a variety of users in the hopes of encouraging a better community. :smoke:
    It's not to make people look good, as it doesn't, it's in order to increase the quality of posts. :D

7. But its not like that. My buddy posts alot of quality shit.

8. What do you mean it's not like that? Did you misread my post? Rep isn't to make people look better if they post good quality posts, that's to be expected (it's way too easy to get a full rep bar). He will find his rep from other members. You should be focusing on encouraging other members to post quality material, not telling other people you've already told and already know that their posts are on track. :smoke:

9. How long do you have to be around to neg rep trolls?

10. [quote name='"thatslove"']How long do you have to be around to neg rep trolls?[/quote]

It's not a how long, it's basically whether or not you were here "then" and whether or not you were put in the group or not. Back when GC was smaller and tighter knit, I think. Basically too long. To the point where you're so senile you forget this isn't your real life home, like mushy :love: :D lol I'm actually not sure if they have any criteria or had any. I'm not even sure if they're adding new people to the group or not.

11. This :hello::wave::D

12. If you rep someone you need to rep a lot of other people before you can rep that same person again! If it say spread it around more then rep more people till is doesn't!