Give Me New Albums To Listen To

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Slim340, Jun 8, 2014.

1. #1 Slim340, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2014
    So im looking for new ALBUMS to listen to!! Help a brotha out. I love Pandora but im looking for albums not songs. Ive been getting into music that 'bumps' lately on account of a dope ass speaker system and no neighbors. I like a lot of different kinds of music. So here's some of my musical preferences:

Got some bromance going on with Eminem (got all his shit, but I like lyrics and substance in rap). Modernday hip hop that im into: Magna Carte Holy Grail (that bass in fuck wit me you know I got it.......damn). I love N.E.R.D (got all their albums) Good Kid Madd City, 50 cent (his early/mid career stuff), Chamillionaire's Mixtape Messiah series was dope, Man on the Moon by Cudi and that's basically it, I have songs here and there from mainstream hip hop but nothing I like enough to download an album

Slightly underground hip hop: Immortal Technique (that dude is so freaking raw, goosebumps when I listen to him), Charles Hamilton, Qwel & Maker, and am pretty sure that's it

LOOOOOOOOOVE my old school/pre 2000's rap/hip hop: Illmatic, Enter the 36 Chambers, Chronic, 2001, all of NWA's shit and most of Eazy-E's stuff (I love the dopeman song), Masta Ace, Big L (don't have albums but would like to hear from you guys what yuou think about him), Mos Def (still modern but I have some old school stuff), I prefer B.I.G. over Tupac but I like em both, Snoop Dogg of course

Im from St. Croix, US Virgin Islands, so I LOVE MY REGGAE (please no ska stuff...get that shitta outta here, do like sublime tho) and conscious reggae at that: Buju Banton, Sizzla, Capleton, Morgan Heritage, Yellowman, Marley & The Wailers, Peter Tosh, Matisyahu (HIS NEW SHIT IS TURRIBLE), Collie Buddz, UB40, Midnite Band, Pressure Buss Pipe, Niyorah, and others

I Have Metallica's ...And Justice for all, RATM RATM, Black Sabbath's Paranoid (those drums tho, straight dirty) so im not against this kinda of music, and would like to dwelve deeper into these genre

LURRRRVE my electronic/trip hop music: Metaform, Pretty Lights, Boards of Canada, Bonobo, RJD2, Dj Krush, Dj Shadow, Free the Robots, Mercury Program, Flying Lotus, The Album Leaf (post rock), steve aoki's boneless, Daft Punk (love of all theyre stuff except for the tron soundtrack)

Randoms I like: Hendrix, early 60's and late 60's music, phoenix

So as you can see I like different musical generes. Here is what I do not like:

dubstep, ska, any shit played 10 times a day on the radio, kanye west (his early stuff is good), led zeppelin, just cause I smoke weed I will not like a album that has references to it in the album (unless its good shit like illmatic or 36 chambers)

SO in essence I like good beats/production. Rap with substance, and reggae, music that bumps and a bunch of other shit.,.,What would you guys suggest?

2. New Rebelution album comes out in 2 days.

Courage to Grow - Rebelution
    Strange Clouds - B.O.B.
    Revolutionary Vol. 2 - immortal technique

3. Mac Miller - Watching Movies With the Sound Off
    Sweet rapping, sick instrumentals.

4. Props to the Rev Vol 2., going to sound ignorant but I despise white people playing reggae (other than a select few, doesn't mean I shouldn't listen to it, im extremely stubborn) but I will check out the B.o.B album

Yall are gunna think im the snobbiest music person but Im not a fan of white rappers (only really like Em/Yelawolf) (im a white boy as well)

But I appreciate the suggestions keep em coming!!! Listening to Yelawolf's Trunk Musik and damn it goes hard every single time

5. RetroHash Asher Roth

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. okay okay I see you, honestly don't mind Asher Roth, will look into it, thanks dude

7. lol rebelution is all white people...Matisyahu is a chassidic jew...SOJA I dont believe are jamaican

8. Matisyahu's new stuff is flipping terrible, so poppy. Night and day different between Spark Seeker and Shake off The Dust...Arise

9. #9 liamsgotgenes, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
    Merriweather Post Pavilion - Animal Collective

MGMT - MGMT

Reptillans - Starfucker/STRFKR

10. :bongin:  :bongin:  :bongin:  :bongin:  :bongin:

http://youtu.be/HGXYrIhiabk

http://youtu.be/KM3Qi_ySuTA

http://youtu.be/IEj-zkOwbOo

http://youtu.be/6s826jLL8Ns

:bongin:  :bongin:  :bongin:  :bongin:  :bongin:

11. #11 DankSpank85, Jun 11, 2014
    I've noticed you like some more old school stuff. Try listening to G-Eazy's album "Must Be Nice". (He's white) It's basically modern rap fused with classic "Doo-Wop" rock songs from the 60s ish... Really unique in my opinion. My personal favorite is "Mad", I would post a video but I don't know how on an iPad haha.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

12. #12 Acid Man, Jun 11, 2014
    you will love this aswell then: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kteO09oxKfY

13. Screw all you guys, was tryna not to smoke today but damn with all this new music to listen to, I gotta blaze down today

haven't listened yet but thanks for the electronic broseph!

14. #14 SlightlyStonedSD, Jun 11, 2014
    you want some rap that bumps and isn't too ignorant? get Don Trip & Starlito - Step Brothers 1 & 2; Kevin Gates - The Luca Brasi Story they are from the south but they pronounce their words and don't mumble like other southern rappers lol.

some good hip hop: The Grouch & Eligh - The Tortoise and The Crow

tech n9ne - something else is a good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piaMmusrqbA

that guitar solo at 3:24 is one of the best I've heard

15. #15 Acid Man, Jun 11, 2014
    man I just listened to it again but sober, i thought it just might have been the weed but no, it actually is one of greatest things I've ever heard!

16. sounds like a voice ,pretty cool      ( I heard of guitar vocoders but never actually heard one, is that one of them?)

17. Chromeo - Business Casual
    Cherub - Mom and Dad
    Arctic Monkeys - AM
    Cage the Elephant - Melophobia
    Broken Bells - After the Disco
    Phoenix - Bankrupt!
    Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
    Chance the Rapper - Acid Rap

18. Try some UK hip hop like Life MC, Rhyme Asylum, Edward Scissortongue, Fliptrix, Verb T or Dirty Dike.