Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Girlfriend Hates Weed..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mrtren, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Okay so basically my gf fully hates weed, she doesn't know the facts about it and only believes "it's bad", or i'll just "become a stoner" and start spending all my money on it. I just kick back with mates every now and then maybe once a week but how can i prove to her it's not harmful, addictive etc etc.. And obviously she also hasn't tried it..  :bongin:

2. Why are you in a relationship with such an ignorant person, if I may be so bold?

3. you should have known this before you decided on pursuing a relationship with her

4. Had this problem before. Ya gotta smooth talk her into trusting you on this one. Roll a slim J or pack a small bowl (nothing that'll kill her) and have her try smoking. My Ex despised bud until i smoked with her, changed shit a lot

5. Stop forcing her to believe what you have known abt weed
    Never discuss abt weed with her.

6. May I ask how long this took to persuade her? 

Yeah well the thing is I stopped for a while when we starting our relationship so it wasn't of concern..

7. It took about 2 1/2 years for my GF to understand, but now I smoke around her and she's totally cool with it ;) If you're committed to this person then you should know that love is more important than a plant. But she should also know that you are who you are, and she can't come into a relationship expecting to mold you into something else.

Be open with her. Talk. TALK. talk talk talk all the time. Communication is the biggest thing here. Be HONEST, all the time. Discuss what's on your mind and don't hold back. You might think she's a mind reader because, "Oh, we're together and love and yadayada we have a connection"... no, it doesn't work like that. If you want something, you have to talk about it. If you want her to understand you, have a discussion. Not an argument, a discussion. Be open, listen to her side, and be ready to present your ideas in a calm and understanding way.

Communication. I can't stress this enough. The reason it took me and my girlfriend so long to come to an understanding about this is that we just never talked about it. It was as if we thought not speaking about it would somehow make it go away, or that it would fix itself... Well yeah, it eventually got fixed, after almost 3 years! If we had just talked about it more then we could have gotten over this hump a lot sooner.

Talk, be understanding, be HONEST, and don't be an asshole. Yeah, that's about all I can say.

That and you damn well better know what you're talking about. Logic and reason, show her the facts. Don't shove it in her face, encourage her to check out various resources, maybe watch a documentary or two with her, etc.

8. #8 JWest, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013

This is terrible advice. I mean, yeah, don't FORCE her, but communication is key in any relationship. Always discuss what's on your mind, and if you want something more out of your relationship, be assertive! She can't read your mind. Talk about it!

*Assertive does not imply aggressive, it just means that you should take charge in a situation, speak up about what you believe is right. It's not about, "I'M THE BOSS AND WE'RE DOING WHAT I SAY". It just means speaking up about what's on your mind and in your heart, rather than sitting in the corner and being quiet.

Assertive = Be honest, be who you are, be willing to have discussions about what you believe is right and what you want.

In other words, don't be a dick. That's not what it means to be assertive.

9. I dated a girl who didn't smoke. She knew I smoke cuz I didn't lie to her. She started smoking with me cuz she was open minded. Her dad smoked and even though he's an ass, she knew it was the liquor. Idr if I had to educate her, it was 5 years ago.

10. Show her Granny Storm Crow's list.

11. you can't....

12. If she isn't willing on learning about bud, then I would just keep your toking separate from your relationship.

13. Do what you want, if she wants to break up with you tfb for her.

well ok that's sort of understandable i guess

does she give you shit for it? or does she just not approve and is quiet about it..

15. In the same problem bud trying to get her smokin with me!

16. The only way you can get her to tolerate it is by presenting her with facts.

If she doesn't understand then, wait 'til she starts binge drinking then find a new girl.

17. #17 Weedity, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
    Love or high? 

For me, it's love > high any day. Then again I blaze with my girl every day, I can't actually say how'd I feel if my girl didn't approve of ganjika  :confused:

Yeah, I'd focus everything I got on educating her. Then again my girl left me the other day, so it would have all been for nothing anyway.  :confused_2: 

If I were you, I'd just toke when it's me. When I was with her I wouldn't toke. 

18. show her weed documentaries on netflix

19. i cant be with a girl that doesnt smoke. dump her tell its better to waist all your money on weed then waist it on on her. 

20. Actually bud, there are lots of people that for whatever reason don't like it and don't approve of its use. It's very possible that you just might not be compatible for the long run
    It's hard to make somebody "change" their beliefs you can try, but you might just have a rather deep fundamental difference with her