Girlfriend had an abortion

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by gonglover, Nov 16, 2011.

1. @Nitraw ^^ That maybe when it came up.
    It was also when I Face Palmed.
    How could it be wrong when she was a 15 year old, yet "the plan" now? :smoke:

2. You said you were pissed that you she took so long to tell you? Maybe she thought youd react in the wrong way, which it sounds like is exactly what you are doing.

She waited a year for a reason. Dont fuck things up.

3. #23 gonglover, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
    Your right I shouldnt care, and after actually discussing it, it doesn't bother me as much, but I think she should have told me, that's my opinion. I love her and it doesn't change anything, but I know I would have told her if I had knocked a girl up. now I'm just thankful she didn't have the kid because we probably wouldn't be together

EDIT: i didn't say it was wrong then or now, it's not, an I know it's kind of hypocritical to say what i did but that's the way I feel. I'm glad she got the abortion, but at the same time, I'm upset she had to get it (make that " I was upset").

Anyone that was/is in this position have anything to say?

4. This may be a very big issue with her psychologically and could be "haunting" her! I would indulge to explore this topic more thoroughly with her. You don't want her taking a few years of a bad head trip down the road. Make sure it is resolved with her. How you feel, is irrelevant! How it affects your future with her, is!

5. Your right retreat, it was more about "am I going to be able to stop thinking about this?" and " is it something that could jeopardize our relationship down the road?" but now,(she told me like a week ago) I'm more or less over it. I just haven't talked about it to anyone and I kinda needed some feedback. But now I'm good :smoke:

6. go easy on the OP folks. It's normal to have ambiguous feelings about a topic that is essentially morally ambiguous. To treat abortion like it's some logical chain is really rediculous, no matter what you feel about abortion. I find abortion morally repugnant but I still advocate its legality and peoples safe access to it. People who are staunchly pro-life or pro-abortion and who leave no room for grey are kidding themselves equally. This notion that every idea or belief has to fit into some tidy ideological package is silly when you really think about it.

7. you should be happy she had an abortion... if she didn't, you most likely would not be with her now (as her future would have been VERY different).

on the other hand, if i were a girl, i sure would not just go out and tell everyone that i had an abortion...

i think you're trippin, man. chill out.

8. abortion is a traumatic event....dont just expect someone to talk about it casually.

did you ask HER why it took her so long?

9. The whole, "you wouldnt be with her now" argument is a big load, why? Because if she did u wouldnt know she existed and thus u wouldnt be sad, also u might be with a rich super model now. Its all hypothesis.

I would want to be told because it shows she can tell you things. I would then make it very clear if the same situation were to arise that together we could work it out. Personally I would never abort, my life is not even close to the value of a new born.