Girl needs some direction!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Honey925, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Hope everyone is having a good Monday:)

Ive been interested in buying a bong. Problem
    is I don't know much about them & feel like I over pay when I walk into smoke shops:(

I've been smoking for a while now & normally smoke out of my pipe or papers, blunts. I loved vape but the ex took that with him. Lol

Anyway a friend has a glass bong with cool lil filters Or chambers? & it hits clean. He's trying to sell it to me but I want to know what I'm buying before I buy it. ;) I like good research, reviews & reccomdations. I don't mind spending $100 maybe a bit more. Any help I want one like tomorrow

2. #2 InstaBlaze, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
    I'd get a travel tube from soul shine family glass with a showerhead diffuser and a disk diffused slide.

You should try to keep it simple since you aren't spending a whole lot of money. Anything with a perc in it under $100 is going to be china glass and won't be nearly as durable as a tube made with good borosilicate glass.

If you want some real filtering of your smoke look into carbon filters. But if you're smoking good bud the downstem should be enough.

The second sentence of the post below me should be ignored at all costs.

3. You usually can't go wrong if you can spend under $40 on a sturdy glass bong. You probably shouldn't spend near $100 unless it's roor, has multiple chambers, or is huge and otherwise awesome. I would say get something reasonably inexpensive that won't break easily. If you're in the northeast I could recommend some shops, otherwise maybe do a little research on the type of piece you want specifically, bong/bubbler/vape etc and shop around. I will say it's easy to end up paying extra for useless features that you don't need.:confused::smoke:

4. This. But in my case, above me...

If at all possible 150-200 range would open up a lot more options for you. I'd also suggest checking out your local glass scene.
    A lot of good artists evolving in many places, I see more and more good craftsmanship in different local scenes every day.

5. #5 lbs, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
    The best place to get you a bong would be online, there are plenty of great online headshops that are way better value than local headshops. Grasscity has a good headshop ;). Local headshops can be tricky, if the budget is $100 look for the thickest glass bongs they sell in that range. I always like to flick it with my finger to listen for thin spots (almost sounds like a ting ting the thicker the less noise you hear)note this is just my own experience and not an established test I've heard about :eek:
    I go with bongs that have very few bells and whistles because they tend to last forever. (percolators can break inside the bong long before the exterior cracks or chips)

Ps: With that price range you could get a very nice ~10-13'' name brand. You could also be sold a chinese glass bong which potentially will break sooner but could be cooler looking , bigger or have more bells and whistles.

Good luck!

6. dude what are you talking about. everything you said is just stupid lmao.

If you spend less then 40...you got shit glass.
    If you spend near 100 and get a roor, multi. chambers, or is huge...you also just got shit.

If you wanna spend under 100, ssfg is a very good option. If you spend a little more like 150-200 apix could be a awesome option. Of you can look for some straight tubes on A L T which start at around 100 for a small 12 inch one

7. Thanks guys, maybe a few links. I searched but feel lost :confused:

8. Theres usually two main things I like to consider when buying glass. 1. Glass quality and 2. Diffusion. Anything over $100 should be good, thick (5mm, 7mm, 9mm etc.), american made glass. Once you find a reputable brand or glass blower that you like, the prices usually vary by how intricate a piece is. The more diffusion (i. e. the breaking up of smoke with holes or percolators) a piece has, usually the more intricate and expensive it is. One of my favorite places for glass on the internet is Aqua Lab Technologies. Check them out. Good luck!

9. Everything this guy just wrote is totally false. Don't even pay attention to that post.

Like stated SSFG (soul shine family glass) is your best bet. Get a straight or beaker(what ever you prefer) travel tube with a showerhead diffuser and disk diffused slide.

Shoot them an email with any questions and they should get back to you.

That set up should be around 100 and will be THE best tube for the money.

10. I recommend the Grav Labs bubbler for 75. It's a good size and has a showerhead percolator that has 16 slits in it. I looked at reviews before buying and wondered what the hell 'it stacks so good' means. It means the bubbles stack on top of each other.

But don't just take my word for it.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjGg5zvNRdc]Grav Labs Showerhead Bubbler Hit New Glass! - YouTube[/ame]
    **not my vid, I do endorse the bubbler but not the music**

When I first got it, I thought 'Damn, did they have to make it this big?' (fitting it into your pocket ain't gonna happen, but since you were lookin for a bong, I'm guessing portability isn't an issue) but they really did. The bubbles will go all the way up the chamber (because there's so much diffusion), and if it wasn't that big you'd be drinking bub water (yum!). Honestly, it hits better than most bongs I've hit (been smokin for 4 years). It draws easy like a dry piece but gives you that massive hit like a water pipe. It has a huge bowl that you could pack a 10 (maybe 15) nug in at a time.

I've knocked over this thing about 7 times on glass and granite and even dropped it and it hasn't broken or shown any signs of weakness, although I don't recommend testing it.

You're gonna spend less on this than any comparable bong. You'd get less quality glass, most likely less diffusion, this thing is more portable, and personally I think people are more likely to drop and break bongs than bubblers because some people are dumb and grab the bong by the stem without gripping it hard enough and it slips from their hands and then it hits the ground. A bubbler is light and kinda hard to drop. I've seen 4 bongs break in front of me but never a single bubbler. Even if it does drop, the bubbler has less mass and less water so its less likely to break and there's a chance you can save it by breaking the fall with your foot or something (thats what I did when I dropped it, it fell and I had it hit my shoe and then the ground). With a bong, it's almost 100% chance of fall->break because of the increased mass, the increased amount of water than pushes the glass outward when it hits the ground, and there's not really anything you can do to save it (ever seen anyone catch a bong?). I'm not dissing bongs, because in general I like bongs more than bubblers, but if I were in your position, knowing what this bubbler can do, the choice is easy.

I have a vape, a shitty bubbler, this bubbler, and a crazy 3 ft. zong, and I almost prefer the grav labs bub to my zong.

It's a close second. Zong conquers all.

EDIT: I have the thing packed right now

11. [​IMG] i concur

12. I like to go to my head shop down the street. They know me because I've dumped big bucks there for over 3 years now.

So any time I go in and they show me something, and I happen to want to take it home with me, my first question is always "what's the price on that?"

It usually goes "That is X... But I can give it to you for (X - Y%). Like one night I stopped in and they were open 30 minutes late because they were so busy, I didn't even realize they were trying to close up. Buy I told them I was there for a vape, I wanted the Silver Surfer.

I ended up getting it for $200 instead of $250. Probably because they had done a bad ass day and went home banking, and mostly because they know me and want to keep business.

Make yourself a regular - it'll pay off. Don't pay sticker price, always haggle if you have cash. Be confident.

As for the bong, it picks YOU, you don't pick the bong. You'll see what I mean.

13. Check out apix design. I'm getting a double gridded disk with a few extras for 130.

14. Since you have a vagina and felt the need to tell me I feel the need to tell you to get a tube by Zii. She specializes in detailed vagina tubes.

15. Go with the molino mad scientist

16. Don't buy anything Chinese if you want to get the most out of your money, anything SSFG or Apix Design would be great! I'd skip brands like Black Leaf, Weedstar, or Blaze. People can tell you til they're blue in the face China glass is the same as American made but I've used it, and in my opinion I will tell you otherwise. Things like shotty welds on the glass reducing strength, drilled bowl holes leaving behind possible cracks and VERY harmful glass particles, and crooked percs stray me away from the brands. Listen to most of these people's advice and you'll fly straight friend!