Girl going back to school and other things

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by SmokintheGanj, Aug 24, 2012.

1. So I'm in a great relationship right now which isn't saying much since all my relationships have been shit. Regardless, it's been great for a month now. The main problem though, is that she goes to school a few hours north from where I live. We've already talked about what is going to happen with us when she leaves and our views differ obviously. I'm a little older and I would like to keep seeing her while she's a bit younger and doesn't know "how things are going to be" when she gets back up there.

Fair enough, though it does raise some red flags. More about that later. So she's on a group trip out of the country right now and we've agreed to think about it a little while we're apart. I've written her a few times just giving updates on what's been going on and she's written back about activities and where she's been traveling. The last thing I asked her was how she was doing in the middle east which was almost 24 hours ago with no response. I've told her I missed a couple times with no reciprocation. Since then she's updated her facebook with what she's doing and posted a picture of her with some dude.

Alright... So I'm trying to remain rational here. I doubt she's been thinking too much about us since she's having fun with new people in parts of the world she's never been. She may or may not be fucking this dude in said picture (jealousy talking). When she gets back hopefully we hang a few times before she's gone again.

I think I'm at the point where I'm just going to tell her to have fun at school and that I'll come see her once or twice and hang on her vacations but that's it. She's moving into a house with a bunch of girls who drink and party a lot which makes me think she's going to be getting fucked by a different mouth breather every night. What do you guys think? Too much effort on my part here?

2. It's not worth it man. She is probably doing some sort of sexual acts with the dude in the picture. It would be nice to live in a world where she wasn't but believe it or not girls get horny too. Girls like them foreign assholes too.

Ditch the bitch and find a new sloot to toot.

3. Girls are always looking for something better and from hearing the "she doesn't know how things are going to be", something better is exactly what she is looking for. Maybe you did have a great relationship, but she's moving on to a different part of her life and I'm pretty positive she doesn't want you to be in that. I can tell this because you are putting all the effort into the relationship, and once one person starts putting in more effort than the other, the person putting in less effort becomes uninterested.

So my advice man, just leave. Go find another fantastic life and forget about her. If her life tanks after she realizes her partying mistakes, she'll come back. But if not, who gives a fuck. Find someone better.

4. [quote name='"BunnyToast"']Girls are always looking for something better and from hearing the "she doesn't know how things are going to be", something better is exactly what she is looking for. Maybe you did have a great relationship, but she's moving on to a different part of her life and I'm pretty positive she doesn't want you to be in that. I can tell this because you are putting all the effort into the relationship, and once one person starts putting in more effort than the other, the person putting in less effort becomes uninterested.

So my advice man, just leave. Go find another fantastic life and forget about her. If her life tanks after she realizes her partying mistakes, she'll come back. But if not, who gives a fuck. Find someone better.[/quote]

I agree with this

5. Thanks guys, I know you're right but it's hard to feel good about it right now you know? My dog died this morning and it was on my mind all day at work. I sent her another message saying that today was a bummer and that I wished she was here and I hope she's doing well. If I can't even get a simple response from her then I'm done worrying about it.

6. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv-Fk1PwVeU]Bobby McFerrin - Don't worry Be happy - YouTube[/ame]

7. Damn man... I'm gonna agree with everybody else and say she's moving in a different direction. But that's alright, you can too and it'll be awesome. :cool:

8. Even if she "stays" with you, she's in school still and will end up being opportunistic, especially when it comes to parties and drinking, she'll end up doing shit unless she's one of those innocent, smart and shy girls.

If you love her that much you'd just let her go and be happy with her life while you move on with yours.
    Unless you want to get hurt REALLY bad.

9. What happened man?

10. She's done with you man. Sorry. Just leave her alone. She was trying to tell you that but you didn't get the hint.

11. [quote name='"SmokintheGanj"']So I'm in a great relationship right now which isn't saying much since all my relationships have been shit. Regardless, it's been great for a month now. The main problem though, is that she goes to school a few hours north from where I live. We've already talked about what is going to happen with us when she leaves and our views differ obviously. I'm a little older and I would like to keep seeing her while she's a bit younger and doesn't know "how things are going to be" when she gets back up there.

Fair enough, though it does raise some red flags. More about that later. So she's on a group trip out of the country right now and we've agreed to think about it a little while we're apart. I've written her a few times just giving updates on what's been going on and she's written back about activities and where she's been traveling. The last thing I asked her was how she was doing in the middle east which was almost 24 hours ago with no response. I've told her I missed a couple times with no reciprocation. Since then she's updated her facebook with what she's doing and posted a picture of her with some dude.

Alright... So I'm trying to remain rational here. I doubt she's been thinking too much about us since she's having fun with new people in parts of the world she's never been. She may or may not be fucking this dude in said picture (jealousy talking). When she gets back hopefully we hang a few times before she's gone again.

I think I'm at the point where I'm just going to tell her to have fun at school and that I'll come see her once or twice and hang on her vacations but that's it. She's moving into a house with a bunch of girls who drink and party a lot which makes me think she's going to be getting fucked by a different mouth breather every night. What do you guys think? Too much effort on my part here?[/quote]

Yeah man you can do better. You seem like a nice guy go find a local girl. Long distance relationships blow (been in one off/on for 3 years) I wouldn't recommend it for you since she said she doesn't know how it's going to be when she gets there. It's school? What's so crazy about that? Nothing. If she wanted to be with you she would know. Not well I like you but there is defiantly guys that I'd want to fuck when I get there. I mean it is college... Save yourself the heartache