Girl and I have trouble making conversation.

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Rezo, Apr 17, 2013.

1. So I have sat next to this girl all semester and she's cool and we get along well. I am not interested in her in any romantic sense but I think she would make an awesome friend outside of class(a girl that could hang with the guys). I will explain this the best I can:

The problem is we both seem to have trouble making conversation. At first I just thought I was making an ass of myself and she had no interest in what I said but then I realized she was struggling as much as I was. We both enjoy each other's company we just seem to struggle with making conversation and I have no idea why.

It is getting a little better and we are finally breaking that bubble from class acquaintance to friend but anyone have advice? I have never really met someone I enjoyed yet struggled to make conversation with. I hope this makes sense to someone.

2. Been there. Time makes it better, and a third friend around always helps keep convos from dying out and shit.

3. i've known a few girls it was like that with. it turned out that i just really didn't have that much in common with one of them. the other is to be determined. but i've never had that problem with girls i'm not attracted to because i'm not as self conscious.

4. Thanks man I will definitely give it a try.

5. That's the thing there is no sexual tension at all. For quite a while I just figured it was just a nice setup because we both did not know anyone else in the class then at the end of the semester that was that but now there seems to be a little bit of breakthrough.

6. If you're just friends then who really cares? If two random people can't talk about random bullshit, forget about romantic intimacy; you might not even be fit to be friends.

7. I completely agree. I think you misunderstood I am not interested in a relationship with this girl but she seems like someone I would enjoy as a friend. I think these posts are helping reevaluate the situation. A lot of it seems to be breaking that barrier from casual to personal. I mean we have sat next to each other all semester and without actually knowing more about a person idol chitchat becomes difficult. Either we will break that barrier or I had someone enjoyable to sit next to during class and that's all. :)

8. You're thinking too hard about having a conversation. That's your problem bro. Just let it flow out. Talk about the most random shit that crosses your mind. Just make sure she's participating as well.

You both sound shy.

9. Check to see f her pilot light is out, perhaps she needs a new filter....

10. We are not shy but I agree with the rest. It is nice to have other people give you a little more perspective on a situation.

Vondoobie, I do not understand your euphemism haha.

11. never been in that situation exactly but i know what it's like to have social anxiety (not saying you have it) because i grew up with it, and a very small portion instinctually sticks with me to this day, but i can control it.

sometimes in unexpected conversations with people, i end up focusing more on the aspect of the conversation than what we're talking about to an extent, and it makes you feel overanalyltical of the situation. you just gotta let it be natural and not really think that you're having a conversation, just enjoy listening and contributing

it's all about positive vibes