Gingrich calls for more aggressive drug policy

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by oltex, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Gingrich calls for more aggressive drug policy
    RawStory / Eric Dolan / 11,28.2011

[​IMG]

Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich does not support the legalization of medical marijuana and would like the see the United States adopt a more aggressive policy against drug use.

Gingrich told Yahoo! News' Chris Moody on Saturday that California showed that medical marijuana was a “joke,” where doctors prescribed the drug for nearly anybody who wanted it. He introduced legislation to legalize the medical use of marijuana in 1981, but has since changed his position on the issue.

“What has changed was the number of parents I met with who said they did not want their children to get the signal from the government that it was acceptable behavior and that they were prepared to say as a matter of value that it was better to send a clear signal on no drug use at the risk of inconveniencing some people, than it was to be compassionate toward a small group at the risk of telling a much larger group that it was okay to use the drug,” Gingrich explained.

According to a report presented at the American Public Health Association Annual Meeting and Exposition, medical marijuana legalization does not increase its use among teenagers. “My general belief is that we ought to be much more aggressive about drug policy,” Gingrich said.

He would like to see steeper economic penalties for illegal drug use and more drug testing, including mandatory drug testing for anyone who receives unemployment compensation or food stamps.

Florida and Missouri have already approved laws requiring applicants for the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program to pass a mandatory drug test. Republican lawmakers in other states have also proposed similar laws this year.

He also supports the death penalty for high-level drug smugglers, noting the “successful” and “draconian” drug policies of Singapore.

Gingrich said he was “very serious” about “minimize drug use in America” but did not think throwing people in prison was the right approach. He favors medical help and drug addiction treatment.

Two of his Republican rivals, businessman Hermain Cain and Texas Rep. Ron Paul, have endorsed allowing state's to legalize medical marijuana without interference from the federal government.

Although 16 states and the District of Columbia have legalized medical marijuana, the federal government still lists marijuana as a Schedule I substance, a class reserved for the most dangerous and medically useless drugs.

We are so lucky this man has about as much chance of winning the nomination as he or anyone else has of reducing drug use.

He is following the drug czars game plan,,quit putting people in prison and start making them pay through the nose for probation fees and drug treatment.

2. He is so far out of orbit the average American can't even connect to him.

Hey Newt, I think a douche who would ask his wife for a divorce while she's hooked up to a chemo drip should get the death penalty.

3. #4 MandalaSmoker, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2011
    Ofcourse.Though if you haven't noticed nobody does what they say they've wanted to do with drugs when its a positive thing when they get into office your not fully aware of whats going on in the world today if you haven't noticed this.

Left wing right wing always a head above controlling.Wake up people!!!

4. another nwo puppet..............

Attached Files:

5. #6 NefariousBredd, Nov 29, 2011
    I try really hard, as a strict moral rule, to completely avoid all forms of hatred in my personal life. Where this man is concerned, I have failed completely. I would very much love to see him stuck in a state prison where he can experience first hand the results of what he advocates.

BUTCH COOLIDGE MARSELLUS WALLACE SCENE - YouTube

6. #7 MandalaSmoker, Nov 29, 2011
    Lol another blade who throws out any idea after about five seconds of thought on it.Never even spending quality time researching something that is very important.Please you make me laugh.Actually abit sad,you'll learn one day though.I know what I know buddy i don't go on words alone.

You fame in hear and just said another nwo puppet.You really need to quit being close minded.Here read everything on this site then research it aswell. If you can't do that I consider you part if the problem the world is facing.

Reptilianagenda.Com

Read research and actually try some of thlhe thigh you learn instead of being quick to dismiss it because it's not what you think dude.

Stay up bro love you.

7. Mandala - you just smoke a bowl or something?

8. #9 MandalaSmoker, Nov 29, 2011
    Nope.....well yeah sorta.Lol but that doesn't have anything to do with what I posted.

I just read all the typos but I'm on a phone and I was typing fast.The spellcheck doesn't work too well and its also q touch screen.

9. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi6n_-wB154]Nancy Pelosi and Newt Gingrich Commercial on Climate Change - YouTube[/ame] cap n trade nwo scheme Vote Ron Paul 2012....:smoke:

10. If true this really isn't out of Newt Gingrich's character. Does anyone know where Mitt Romney stands on the Marijuana issue? I can't recall any statements from him on the issue, however I can easily predict what they will be.

11. The latest press from him is really getting on my nerves and counterproductive...

12. I love how its a bad message to have doctors say its okay to use medical marijuana, but the list of prescribed meds that can kill you is practically infinite. Lets look at what happened to Micheal Jackson. That happens everyday all over the country people may not all die as in that example, but they are opiate fiends feed by Drug pushers in white coats and scrubs. I hate thinking about the hypocrisy of prescribed meds. it makes me sick how people think good old Mary Jane is a killer, yet they have no problem getting their codeine prescription refilled.

13. The drug czar had to have some candidate to throw smoke into the arena,,it was getting too real at the last debate when Ron Paul started talking about the drug war being a failure and the crowd cheered,,,you know that had to be like ice water down Kerli's back.

He is following Kerli's plan to the letter,,stop putting users in prison and start making them pay through the nose. Probation fees and drug treatment costs could run into billions for the drug treatment centers and probation fees.

Kerli announced his intentions when he declared that he was ending the war on drugs right after he took office,,he said they were going to change from imprisonment to a drug treatment approach,,except the economy tanked and no investors opened up the necessary treatment centers all over the US to make the change,,,nowwww,,with half the country wanting to legalize,,investors are scared to spend the money if they are going to lose the court ordered pot addicts.

14. #15 SleeplessFool, Nov 29, 2011
    When did this bitch join the rep race o wait thats right aint he at the bottom of the polls... epic fail

15. I really hope Ron Paul stands a chance at doing something this year. He wants to legalize it from what I hear...it's about damn time!

16. #17 MandalaSmoker, Nov 29, 2011
    He also wants to make Bible classes mandatory.That isn't good.
    Im talking about Ron Paul.

17. Lol, just look at his last name. Looks short for "getting rich."

18. His first name: A slimy, cold-blooded amphibian.

19. Would you care to link a source? Ive googled and come up with nothing.