Gimpy leaves!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by godiva, Jun 2, 2006.

1. First time gardener. Just using a wee 25w CFL (Pro-Lite plus) with a big mylar lined cylinder which I pop around the pot to reflect. Growing in a potful of soil/peat mix. About an inch and a half of those clay ball thingies on the bottom for drainage.

Came home from work last week to find the leaves hot & wilted as bulb had blown and the other half had panicked and "helped out" by screwing in a 100w lamp bulb about 6 inches away from the top of the plant. Gutted.

Replaced bulb immediately and plant seemed to perk up quite quickly, however, a few days on, some leaves seem to have curled downwards, others seem to have scarring. There are no brown patches at all - leaves still a nice green, still firm and I can find no sign of critters. I have posted a pic in the gallery.

Will this have been caused by the short period bulb frying? Or do I need to really start worrying?

:(

2. norml bulbs tend to give the plant 100% stress and that hole aray of acidents sux about the buld giving out on yah and the leaves were limp because of the lack of light they may be curled because of the suden stress your giving it food for thought

3. Thx for the reply.

Luckily, since that pic, things dont seem to have got any worse, the new leaves seem okay. :yay:

S'funny isn't it, how in a few weeks, your little plant is like part of the family! 'Cept better than havin' a dog!

I'm not banking on massive yield, don't care if my lights wont make it a monster. Just one plate worth of hash brownies is enough for me.

It's like, one of those things on the list you have to do before you admit to yourself you're getting to be a boring old fart! hehehe

4. Oh, and we now have a new house rule. Anyone comes near my baby again with a lightbulb and it's dogshit detail in the garden for the rest of the year!

I shall continue to keep my fingers crossed.