GHS Fem The Church, Hydro Scrog, 250w Cab (pics)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by flipflop, Jul 26, 2008.

1. I brought 5 Greenhouse Fem Seeds, The Church.
    Germed 3 of the seeds months ago, due to unforseen circumstances and bad timing had to abort 3 weeks into the grow.(Please ignore previous grow diary as that was the begininng of the abandoned grow). Waste of 3 plants, it wasn't a nice decision. However all 3 germed nicely, no problems.
    A couple of weeks after that incident I popped my remaining 2 seeds in a cup of water and followed the guide on the greenhouse website. I have to say i've read bad reviews about Greenhouse but i can not moan about the church seeds i've had, up until now they've not dissapointed me.
    Anyhow these last two seeds went in water on May 12th for 24 hrs, then between moist paper towel and saucers for about another 12 to 48hrs until taproot popped, then in 1" rockwool cubes for a few days before going into the 3" rockwool cubes in my propogater for a few more days. Then lastly into my small NFT system about a week and a half altogether after putting them in the water.
    I've had access to a camera occasionaly so took the odd photo to monitor progress, i'll put them up in order stating thir age in day from when the seed went in water and also the day from when the lights we're switched 12/12.
    This is my first grow to this maturity after to failures in the past within the plants infancy. I bravely went for a scrog as i am growing in 2' x 3' of floorspace and 4'8" height. My res and lamp easily take a foot off the height, so i'm glad i found the scrog method thread by greenmonster as this has been my source on the scrog and i followed it to a tee. All seems to be going well but my main concern in my inexperience is that i think "my" scrog is a bit dense and too full. i may be wrong. Either way it has been fascinating to watch grow, frustrating as well at times, but thats my own impatience.
    Please leave comments or ask questions. Thanks for all the advice in these informative threads and thanks to the scrog growers on here whose grow journals have helped me along the way and been an inspiration, Augustwest springs to mind.
    Here's the pics.

2. Day 17 From Seed

Day 17.jpg

Day 18

Day 18.jpg

Day 19

Day 19.jpg

Day 20

Day 20.jpg

Day22

Day 22.jpg

Day 23

Day 23.jpg

Day 29

Day 29.jpg

Day 30

Day 30.jpg

Day 31

Day 31.jpg

3. These Photos were taken on July 21st and they are Day 71 From Seed, Day 33 of 12/12.

The light is raised only for the photo and is usually about 12" above top of the canopy.

Cab Shot

Day 71(33)1.jpg

A bit further away

Day 71(33)2.jpg

Undergrowth

Day 71(33)3.jpg

A bit closer in the cab, looking busy

Day 71(33)4.jpg

One at the back left

Day 71(33)5.jpg

All these are from the same day which was nearly a week ago, they're progressing so i'll get some more pics up this weekend. Let me know what you think

4. nice man, your plants are coming along nicely! i have a quick question, im still somewhat of a nub at growing and ive been too pussy to ask others lol but what is the purpose of that metal screen that you put right above your plant? ive seen a lot of grows done with it.

5. Thanks dude. The screen is just fixed in there to train the plants as they grow, you keep the pulling tehm back under in effect spreading the plant out horizontally and restricting it's height. In theory you try and keep it level so the light is used more efficiently.

6. These pics are from today. I messed with a jewellers loupe and a magnifying glass on the end of the camera. There's lots of crystals and it's getting sticky. I just hope i get more from the buds and that i'm not too overcrowded. I've been trimming leaf as advised by Greenmonster and scared shitless of taking too much off, so may be a bit overcautious. This strain The Church has surprised me with how much growth there is. It's bushy as hell. Mine are short from the medium to average top about 19" (but could be way off). I've got 30+ tops growing through 2" square holes in the mesh and lots of leaf, which is thick and dense. See Top Pic.

Day 76(38) 9.jpg

Day 76(38) 1.jpg

Day 76(38) 2.jpg

Day 76(38) 3.jpg

Day 76(38) 4.jpg

Day 76(38) 5.jpg

Day 76(38) 6.jpg

Day 76(38) 7.jpg

Day 76(38) 8.jpg

7. hey man.. kick ass scrog!
    it looks perfect.. and i really dig those fans you have under the screen.. that's a nice idea.

good luck man.