Ghosts.?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Screamslaughter, Mar 20, 2012.

1. [quote name='"shrivel"']
    holy fuck now you got me scared... :( :confused::confused::confused::confused:

just downed five shots since reading that dude... do you have any specific advice or ideas on what the risks are for me given tehe circumstances?[/quote]

No but do u kno if ur dad was the only member of ur family to ever be haunted?

2. um... wqell, my moms always downing spirits (drinks) and so am i. you think there's could be a connection with real spirits?

i really don't know.. man this is making me wanna go get an italian ice..

3. [quote name='"shrivel"']
    um... wqell, my moms always downing spirits (drinks) and so am i. you think there's could be a connection with real spirits?

i really don't know.. man this is making me wanna go get an italian ice..[/quote]

Cud be a connection with ur drinkinq

4. lol that is really ironic actually. :( everytime i think abut this shit i just want to pour another. one 12 shots in the past five hours...

5. I've never seen ghosts but I think all of that paranormal stuff can be attributed to having a connection to parallel universes that are sort of bleeding into ours..either through things as simple as dreams and deja vu to things like things moving in a house or actually seeing people..not sure how to explain the walking hand maybe a version of you was watching adams family right then or theres a universe with things running around...but yea dont be so skeptical theres some shit going on behind life's curtain

6. try to tell it to these idiots...

http://forum.grasscity.com/science-nature/1028508-my-english-paper.html#post14323470

7. Weird stuff happens to everybody, including me. However, instead of working myself up over the possibility of a supernatural being watching me at all moments throughout the day I chalk it up to things happening that I can't explain. That's it. How dare you condemn someone for not believing in your superstitious nonsense.

What an incredibly unlettered response. I'd be surprised if you could actually name one living scientist without google, but that's besides the point. I don't know everything and I say so with no hesitation. The same can be said for notable scientific figures. It's laughable that you defend the existence of paranormal entities with "we don't know everything."

Just because we don't know everything doesn't mean we should attribute the unknown to some man made fiction that makes us feel less alone in the world. The belief in ghosts is nothing more than fervent solipsism at it's finest.

Yes, I believe that out of the 2-4 hundred billion stars in our galaxy alone there are planets which harbor life. Your argument is a red herring, I never claimed any of it.

These arguments are boring and without merit. I'm well aware of our scientific abilities and endeavors so please spare me the condescending tone.

I'm sorry, but the belief in ghosts does not translate to anything relating to physics or astronomy. Another stupid argument from a small mind.

8. I have some theories on ghosts. I doubt they're new, but they're the best explanation I can come up with. I may post them later, I gotta go for now though.

9. [quote name='"Gods Father"']I have some theories on ghosts. I doubt they're new, but they're the best explanation I can come up with. I may post them later, I gotta go for now though.[/quote]

Ill be back to read this

10. where is it!!!

11. Sorry, I had forgotten and lost track of this thread with all the recent changes. I'm still working on a presentable, easy to understand way to explain my theory. Hopefully this weekend I'll get around to completing and posting it.

12. I hate to tell you this man.. but you're father was not raped by a ghost. He was just a little crazy is all.

13. oh there's ghosts believe that. i just recently thought about this concept. im a christian and i believe in heaven and hell. im not god so i dont know the truth but i have as much faith as one in the flesh can have and i take in account that the bible, as anything caried on in thought and words by the flesh, can be twisted up and changed and probably was in my belief. But contrary to what you may think i believe that once you go to heaven or even hell you take on this new spirit that can see everything you do and think. God and the angels can see your darkness and your light. Demons can see your darkness and light and when your dark thoughts influence you enough to do enough sin to live in the darkness to such a degree that it has coated what should be everyone's true destiny which is believing that the son of god was sent to the earth in the flesh as an example of someone so pure in holiness that he could create miracles and die and come back to life forgiving of sin that demons will present themselves as evil dark figures or ghosts. I believe that heavenly spirits present themselves as glowing more colorful figures and don't instinctively scare you. But these ideas is nothing new or at least ive heard of them before. The idea that i havent really heard anyone touch up on or cant recall anyone talk about is the idea that say your loved one dies and goes to heaven and can now see your every thought and action you've done, every little compulsive fucked up thought that you've had and may have had serious thought of capitalizing on, wouldn't that make you feel ugly about your soul. That's why when I go to sleep everynight I pray for the forgiveness of the fucked up shit that goes on in my head and the strength to do good that actions model my outcome in the afterlife.

14. NO. Why the hell should anyone believe that? Because you have this supernatural connection to another realm? Stop trying to hide bullshit under the flag of quaintness. You have zero evidence for the existence of ghosts. Being religious does not exempt you from being held accountable for the assertions you make. I value your religion like a value the smell of 2 day old dog droppings.

When it comes to faith vs reason I find it important to speak out against such insufferable garbage like ghosts and religion. Beliefs like those retard society to its most basic instincts and as a citizen of the world I feel it is my duty to present an aggressive stance against this bologna in the hopes that you'll one day see the world through the lens of reason.

15. I saw a lady wearing a white night gown dissapear into mid air when I was 10.

16. at this new job it is like i see some shadowy figures a lot, but then thought perhaps some infrasound making device was close by and upon investigation, i found two eletronic exhaust fans that are sort of large and while i have no means to test them to see, have read they often can cause visual hallucinations, via infrasound...

but then there is a freak nicknamed ghost..perhaps it is he, doing recon...preparing for battle...if so, at least we are in a more isolated place now...

17. Ghosts/demons are defiantly real if you want to know first hand go get a friend you trust and play with the ouija board

18. damn so you don't believe in ghosts or you don't believe they are capable of forcing sex upon a living individual?

19. So how come you can put down everyone else's ideas as garbage and completely false, and force your own on them instead? If that is what you believe thats completely fine, but why force it on people man, thats just dickish...