Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ghost highs freaking me out

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by hansarvin, May 2, 2009.

1. Ok, so I just recently started smoking everyday (it helps me do school work and makes classes enjoyable). I've been smoking one bowl every morning since tuesday except for yesterday and today, but all day yesterday and today I've been out of it and feeling a little buzz randomly on and off. Why is this happening? It's getting a bit annoying, I love toking but I don't want to be high all the time!

2. it happens. I toke in the afternoon about 3 times per week and I've gotten them during class. It happens in the most inopportune moments.

3. Ok, it's just weird like I'm buzzing right now and I have been all day and it's actually getting annoying, plus it's giving me a headache. O well I'll just go toke it up tonight and then it should go away :smoking:

4. take some tylanol and enjoy the high

5. its cuz some of the THC is absorbed in your fat cells few a few days. if u work out ull lose this excess THC and stop buzzing when your not high

6. Yeah, I get this with Mushrooms. It's a form of flashback syndrome, where your body absorbs some of the substance (In your case THC), and then releases it at a later date, usually through burnt fat. You think getting a little random buzz is bad? Try hallucinating at random times and see if you mind a buzz over that haha :hippie:

7. ^ never ever happened to me.

8. Sounds kinda like derealization to me. Do you feel the mental absence, but not "the munchies" or cottonmouth? What I mean is, does it feel like you're in a movie or something, like part of your mind is numb and you have a hard time focusing, much like when you're high? This happens to me when I smoke too much. It's the mental part of the high coming back a couple hours or even a day later. Ease up a bit, smoke only a half or 3/4 of a bowl. Every other day or so.

9. ^you just described exactly how I've felt the past two days, ok I'll just it down I guess. Or just smoke a hitter instead of a bowl, but it's a pretty small bowl I smoke out of so I'll try the hitter every other morning thing. Thanks guys

10. Actually, I think derealization/depersonalization is a more serious side effect, stemming from anxiety issues. Maybe I'm just mistaking them for a 'weed hangover' which is common among new smokers. Or maybe they're the same thing, but one lasts shorter. I don't know for sure man.

Just take a couple hits and ride the high for awhile, you don't want to lose your mind you're so high, just enough to be happy. :)

11. When should this go away? It's been since tuesday when i smoked last and i'm still feeling the effects and i'm starting to get freaked a little.

12. i had that when i started smoking, especially when i drank. it should go away pretty soon i guess

13. never happened with thc but for sure mushrooms.
    and i swear to god i roll a little bit when someone mentions a white naked lady...oh there it goes:D

14. is this why after playing tennis. (keep in mind i play for a top collegiate tennis team.) I get a "high"
    I always talked to my psychiatrist thinkign it was my lexapro.

ha ha thats so sick i love those ghost highs cause i always get them !!

15. I've had flashbacks aswell, especially in the past month, cause about a month ago I tripped every other week, twice a week. Sometimes I really do wonder if I have schizophrenia cause I feel like the outlook I have on life now is EXTREMELY different than most people, idk I think about it too much.

To the OP, I get what your talking about ALL the time, I smoke ALL the time, but I realized the more I think to myself "Your perfectly fine, just think like you always have and talk like you always do." the more and more It goes away, cause it's all a mental thing that you and only you can sort out yourself, you know?

16. I am thankful that i have not been the only person to experience this!
    no one believed my tale about mine.

Was quite a creative night as a result of the high actually, wrote a few good songs

17. man i dont know what white ladies you had but the ones i had the opportunity to encounter were the dirtiest pieces of crap i have ever seen:(

18. Ok well I got it figured out with my moms help (she's a nurse and hates me smoking but she's cool as long as it's not in her house). I just recently quit smoking and I have insomnia, so the derealization is probably a combination of sleep deprevation, nicotine withdrawl, and cannabis. So I hope it just goes away soon, thanks for the help guys. Happy toking!